Author Topic: Some Screenshots of avast! 5  (Read 9259 times)

mevcit

Some Screenshots of avast! 5
« on: July 20, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »
I saw a few screenshots of avast! 5 alpha on WildersSecurity so i want to share them with you. Actually the GUI looks pretty good but i prefer the current enhanced user interface. :P

Here are the screenshots: *link removed, see the link below*

Enjoy them! lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:53:03 PM by mevcit »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Some Screenshots of avast! 5
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
These screenshots are actually unofficial (and illegally leaked) ones.

Some official screenshots are now posted on our blog http://blog.avast.com though.

Enjoy!
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

mevcit

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 01:01:11 PM »
Thanks for the further screenshots. Those who complain about the simple user interface will be so glad with this new GUI. :)

cinchez

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
Sugoi!!!!!!!(Amazing)!^^

Soo cool and unique!

BTW I like everything especially the new "virus detection screen"!

Cant wait for avast! 5^^

(Hoping the voice message for database updates and virus detections are not gone^^)

-AnimeLover^^

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »
These screenshots are actually unofficial (and illegally leaked) ones.
There's always one rotten apple in every barrel ....  :'(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
It's a shame we have a traitor between us...
But, maybe, he could get that screenshots by other ways, who knows...
The best things in life are free.

mevcit

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »
Aww, please don't blame on me guys. I just shared what i saw on Wilders, i didn't know that it was something unofficial and illegal. :-[

spg SCOTT

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »
Not you mevcit, someone else...

Mr.Agent

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
ALWIL should contact wilder so they can know who did post the thread with his ip right ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 03:03:20 PM »
ALWIL should contact wilder so they can know who did post the thread with his ip right ?
At least they can post if he/she is an Evangelist or not.
The best things in life are free.

Sesame

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 03:19:43 PM »
Errr...I wonder if I agree with this witch-hunting...  :-\  I don't think it is ill-intended if too careless.  Let's go to the topic of the blog update of vlk.

avast! 5 is coming… soon!
The product will be offered in three flavors: a free AV (that will supersede avast! 4.8 Home Edition), a paid AV (successor of avast! Professional Edition) and a full Internet Security suite.
Then, the firewall is only for the full suite.  I guess it's fair and even the free version will offer more than 4.8 Home (according to vlk, "a couple of new extras").

The performance optimizations were not confined to the AV engine only; the program now uses various tricks to feel as light as possible and to not interfere with your work in any way. For example, we have radically improved the time it takes the computer to boot, making the slowdown imposed by avast! almost unnoticeable.
It is going to be kept light-weight.   8)

detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) has been added. Additionally, version 5 includes a new code emulator (or in fact, a dynamic translation module, to be technically correct) that will be of great help e.g. when unpacking malware samples packed/protected by unknown packers (as is the case pretty often).
More fortified for unknown threats.  We knew even the current versions have the heuristic scan feature although it is not taken well in some third party tests.

All three products also feature a new user interface which has been completely redesigned for this new version. We’re abandoning the dual (simple vs. enhanced) UI model and replacing it with a single comfortable console, designed for both novice and experienced users.
So, RejZoR's criticism about the labyrinthine interface was addressed.  Also, it seems to have graphical interfaces to show what each function is doing.

Things seems to be promising as RejZoR reported;)

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 03:28:19 PM »
At least they can post if he/she is an Evangelist or not.

The photos were available in the Evangelist corner so only someone with that title could get them.

Errr...I wonder if I agree with this witch-hunting...  :-\  I don't think it is ill-intended if too careless.

This could be true, in which case it would be useful if Alwil e-mails all the Evangelists and informs them of the rules and regulations concerning that specific section of the board. I'm referring here to those that have the title of Evangelist but haven't participated in at least one of the threads opened in the Evangelist's Corner Cafe section.
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 03:44:11 PM »
This could be true, in which case it would be useful if Alwil e-mails all the Evangelists and informs them of the rules and regulations concerning that specific section of the board. I'm referring here to those that have the title of Evangelist but haven't participated in at least one of the threads opened in the Evangelist's Corner Cafe section.

Why not all? It would be a good idea to do this, fairly important I'd say

sded

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »
Perhaps this should be discussed in the Evangelist section instead of the public forums.   In the absence of things like NDAs, there is only a polite request to not pass certain information on yet, given to people who often have never agreed to be Evangelists in the first place.  BTW, I have no objection to NDAs in some form as an often critical part of beta testing and other private activities.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
For sure its cant be me because i just did connect to the forum and see this in Evangelist Corner. So well other wise ppl seem to like it. ;D