Author Topic: Multiple Avast 5 Free installs  (Read 2903 times)

caesar1948

Multiple Avast 5 Free installs
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »
Hi:

I'm a consultant, and have installed MANY copies of Avast 4.8 and now 5 on various client's computers. These are all home users, and in most cases they have either a competitors product which failed to protect them, or out dated virus defs. Or, in some cases just sloppy internet behaviors which got them infected with malware.

Because I have installed more than once I'm guessing that your logs reflect this and while I would prefer that my clients register in their own name, it is often easier just to run through the registration process myself. Thank you, by the way for including the registration system you have in version 5. My question is will I have any difficulty because I'm using the same name and info to register many copies?

Thank you
Mike

ardvark

Re: Multiple Avast 5 Free installs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 12:04:32 PM »
Hi Mike...

I've run into this problem myself with my own customers. I used to do it the way you described but now, if they do choose avast, I'm either with them so they can retrieve the key from their e-mail or I just install the copy of avast and leave the registration process to them. :)

As to your question, I'm not sure.

God bless :)

caesar1948

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 03:10:55 PM »
Hi:

Thanks for the response. I'd love to leave the registration process, but unfortunately I either have very stupid clients or they suffer from a form of blindness that makes an obvious "click to register" button disappear from their view. All I can say is thank heaven for teamviewerQS. I'm still hoping that the Avast staff come up with a suggestion or a comment on this issue. I'm not above recommending that people purchase their program, but I'm waiting to see how "they" respond to this issue.

Again, thanks for the response
Mike

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
The registration of avast5 free antivirus is an on-line process, once installed (and connected), from the UI, Maintenance, Registration. That should connect to the registration process, complete that and the registration key is inserted into the program, no emails to wait for.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ardvark

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 07:52:42 PM »
The registration of avast5 free antivirus is an on-line process, once installed (and connected), from the UI, Maintenance, Registration. That should connect to the registration process, complete that and the registration key is inserted into the program, no emails to wait for.

Hi David...

Thank you for your input, this should help out a lot. :)

God bless :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:28:37 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »
Yeah, the first time I installed it, it confused me a little.  I kept waiting and waiting for an email, then realized that it was already registered.  The new registration system should make it a lot easier.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum