Author Topic: Password on Avast client installations  (Read 31876 times)

DelBert

Password on Avast client installations
« on: October 10, 2007, 12:48:01 AM »

Hi All!

When I set up the client installation of Avast (run from the Network Control Manager Console) I managed to set a password so that if any of the users click on the a icon in the taskbar they can't change their settings, however of course now I've forgotten what I set that password to. Is it possible to change this password from the Manager Console at all?

Or alternatively is the password recorded anywhere (say in the SQL server DB) that I'd be able to reset it back to blank temporarily?

Many thanks,

DelBert

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Password on Avast client installations
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:03:12 AM »
When I set up the client installation of Avast (run from the Network Control Manager Console) I managed to set a password so that if any of the users click on the a icon in the taskbar they can't change their settings, however of course now I've forgotten what I set that password to. Is it possible to change this password from the Manager Console at all?
I think not. You'll have to uninstall avast and install (deploy) it again on every workstation.

Or alternatively is the password recorded anywhere (say in the SQL server DB) that I'd be able to reset it back to blank temporarily?
Hmmm... if this is possible, it will be better that they answer by IM or email as publishing it here in forum won't be smart 8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 08:48:12 AM »
So, can you still log on to the console? I.e. do you still know the console password?
If so, you can change the client password in the computer group's properties.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

DelBert

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:13:25 AM »
Yes, I can log on to the console...and that's done the trick, thank you, for a moment I thought I was going to end up re-installing the whole system (and what a pain that would have been!)

Thanks again,

Del

calnativekid

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:56:49 AM »
I need to change settings or remove the managed client on my client PCs and it looks like your idea to "change the client password" is the way to go since I can login to the admin console. How exactly is that done? Is there a faq or something?

Thanks!

edufmorais

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 03:23:31 AM »
I think not. You'll have to uninstall avast and install (deploy) it again on every workstation.

Hmmm... if this is possible, it will be better that they answer by IM or email as publishing it here in forum won't be smart 8)
Boa noite , gostaria de saber se pode me ajudar , expirou o meu avast e vou colocar outro serial e não aceita pode ma ajudar , desde ja obrigado .

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
Boa noite , gostaria de saber se pode me ajudar , expirou o meu avast e vou colocar outro serial e não aceita pode ma ajudar , desde ja obrigado .
Go to the SSL page version and register from there: https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG.  The Registration key is valid for 14 months.
See the tutorial:  http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-invalid-license-number.html

Is your system date/time correct?
The best things in life are free.