Author Topic: JS:OpenConnection-I and JS:OpenConnection-j  (Read 4500 times)

zillarat

JS:OpenConnection-I and JS:OpenConnection-j
« on: January 14, 2006, 04:11:55 AM »
I keep getting this Trojan or virus or one of them and there are 1 different iv tried deleting the thing and moving to chest and iv tried doing it myself but it comes back I'm using Windows XP Home Edition SP 2 the first 1 is JS:OpenConnection-I witch is in C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\AAWTMP\C248578\2A43cb\installer.class and the same in C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\AAWTMP\C248578\15084\installer.class and then the JS:OpenConnection-j and thats C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\AAWTMP\C248578\2A43cb\GetAccess.class and in C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\AAWTMP\C248578\15084\GetAccess.class and I'm starting to get worried. i have a router for my other computers in my house but I'm directly attached and don't want anything happing to them

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: JS:OpenConnection-I and JS:OpenConnection-j
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 04:37:37 AM »
Did you already tried the normal cleaning operations?
Clean temporary files, disable system restore, schedule a boot time scanning of avast, scans with antispywares?
The best things in life are free.

zillarat

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 04:40:41 AM »
yep after doing it for the 20th time its finally stoped showing up so ill wait and see if its fixed

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 05:17:59 PM »

Welcome to the forums, zillarat!    :)

Be sure to come back often ... learn more ... and maybe help others.    ;)

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »
The file location quoted is used by Ad-Aware when temporarily unpacking archive files. The filenames themselves look like Java malware: remove by deleting the cache as described in the link below.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/cache_virus.xml

Java exploits may arrive in the Java cache when visiting a site which pushes malware.

Anti-virus programs detect such malicious applets (Java exploits) in the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1. 0\jar\

These malicious applets are designed to exploit vulnerabilities in the Microsoft VM (Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011), or in older versions of Sun Java.

If you are using the latest version of Sun JVM as your default virtual machine, these malicious applets cannot cause any harm to your computer.

Older versions of Sun Java are vulnerable to exploits so it's vital to update to the latest version AND TO UNINSTALL OLDER VERSIONS.

Download the latest version of Java JRE here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog