Author Topic: I Have the Searchnu virus/malware issue.  (Read 1702 times)

playstay77

I Have the Searchnu virus/malware issue.
« on: December 14, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »
Hello all. Im a newbie :)  Somehow I have picked up that searchnu malware virus. I have removed it from the my firefox add ons, I removed it from my programs. I changed my default homepage back to the google/firefox page.  I ran full scan with my Avast and it says I am clear.  My concern is that its still hiding or it has brought in its buddies. I believe that I got it on Nov 23 according to my firefox add on info. My PC is working ok, Im just wondering if I missed a step. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Thank you :)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: I Have the Searchnu virus/malware issue.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:20 AM »
run AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes from this guide.   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=111267.0

post the logs here....

did that fix it?

if not, continue with OTL in the same guide, and attach the logs, then a removal expert will do a manual removal

info
WHY MY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE DOES NOT DETECT SEARCH NU?
You can not blame your antivirus because searchnu is not classified as a virus. You install Searchnu yourself and agree with all the things it does to your system. You agree to change the home page and make your search results to be redirected. It can be classified as potentially dangerous program or potentialy unwanted program (PUP), but it does not do any maliciuos activity or installs to the system without your consent.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:27:43 AM by Pondus »