Author Topic: Spam Shield.  (Read 3452 times)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Spam Shield.
« on: December 11, 2010, 04:45:47 PM »
Hi :)

I don,t have any problems with AIS except with sandbox mode(this is not my problem) but here is my problem-Everytime when I get email Avast mail shield scans this email. (I don,t see any problems with Avast mail shield) but can you tell why Avast Spam shield doesn,t scan emails. I,m mean I have Avast toolbar in Outlook but every time when I look traffic history for Spam Shield I only  see a blank page.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day. Lep dan  ;)

GloobyGoob

Re: Spam Shield.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:25:15 PM »
What version of Outlook are you using? I know that there is a bug with the integration with Outlook 2007. It won't scan emails unless you go to Tools > Trust Center > Add-ins > Exchange Client Extentions, and then uncheck "avast! 5". (You have to Run as Administrator to perform this change) Keep "avast! Antispam" in COM Addins checked. After this the module should work again. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the upcoming 5.1 version.

GG
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:27:03 PM by GloobyGoob »

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
What version of Outlook are you using? I know that there is a bug with the integration with Outlook 2007. It won't scan emails unless you go to Tools > Trust Center > Add-ins > Exchange Client Extentions, and then uncheck "avast! 5". (You have to Run as Administrator to perform this change) Keep "avast! Antispam" in COM Addins checked. After this the module should work again. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the upcoming 5.1 version.

GG

I have Microsoft Outlook 2007. Can you tell me what I need to change here in this picture. Thank you.

Thank you. Lep pozdrav. :)

GloobyGoob

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 10:03:52 PM »
Click the arrow of the drop down menu (near the bottom of the window) and select "exchange client extensions" and click "Go". Then uncheck "avast! 5". If it doesn't let you do that, close Outlook, right click it, and select "run as administrator"

GG

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »
Click the arrow of the drop down menu (near the bottom of the window) and select "exchange client extensions" and click "Go". Then uncheck "avast! 5". If it doesn't let you do that, close Outlook, right click it, and select "run as administrator"

GG

Thank you for your help but now I donĀ“t have Avast toolbar in program Microsoft Outlook 2007. Can you tell me way.

Thank you. Lep pozdrav. :)

GloobyGoob

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »
I think you unchecked both plugins or the wrong one. Check to make sure that "avast! Antispam" in COM Addins is checked. You should only uncheck "avast! 5" in exchange client extensions. Could you confirm the settings in the screenshots below?

GG
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:22:55 PM by GloobyGoob »

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
I think you unchecked both plugins or the wrong one. Check to make sure that "avast! Antispam" in COM Addins is checked. You should only uncheck "avast! 5" in exchange client extensions. Could you confirm the settings in the screenshots below?

GG

Hi :)

I just removed avast5 in exchange client. and I was re-enable avast Antispam in COM but here is one problem: When I open Outlook 2007 I don,t see Avast Pop-Up window. Way?

Thank you for your help. Lep pozdrav. :)