Author Topic: Installation questions  (Read 1860 times)

rdumont

Installation questions
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
I've just purchased avast! Internet Security 5.0 for my two computers, one is installed with Windows 2000 Pro and the second one is installed with Windows XP Pro.

Installation went well on both computers but the results were not so good.  On the Win 2000 PC I could no longer connect to Internet and the Firewall could not be started, so I uninstalled it and was able to access Internet again.

On the Win XP PC, everything looked to be running (Internet access was working fine) but when I tried launching Outlook Express to get my emails the user and password connection window kept appearing and I just could not connect, so again I uninstalled avast!.

Both computers connect through a router and DSL modem to Bellnet.ca

What do I need to do, once I re-install avast on each computer, to make sure that all the options in avast! are working properly, that my Internet access is still available and that I can still retrieve my emails.

Thanks,

Richard

Hermite15

Re: Installation questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »
Hi and welcome,

for Windows 2000, support is limited, browse the forums for more...
for your email in XP/Outlook + avast mail scanner, browse the forums, the question has been asked and answered one million times already  ;) Hope this helps.