Author Topic: this may sound a bit odd...!  (Read 3470 times)

small_town_boy

this may sound a bit odd...!
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:05:47 AM »
which is a good browser for online banking...? ???
ya i know its better to have a good av..but being developers of a renowned av,which browser do you think is good for online baking... ;D

marc-d-l

Re: this may sound a bit odd...!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 07:30:33 AM »
Both IE and Firefox on a PC that you only use for the sole purpose of banking.

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
ya i know its better to have a good av..but being developers of a renowned av,which browser do you think is good for online baking... ;D
No browser is really superior....all have ups and downs, with different measures you can take to increase your security.

Paid Avast! subscriptions come with Safezone, a controlled environment with its own browser based on Chromium....this is more or less designed for banking or any other sensitive online activity.

Another good option is using a Linux live CD.  If you don't know how or have never used Linux, it is far simpler than you might imagine.  You just burn the Linux OS you want to a CD, then pop it in the disc drive and reboot.  Then just run the OS from the CD, no installation required.  Everytime you reboot from the disc, the whole OS starts over from scatch, so even if you ran into the ultra-rare Linux malware, it would be flushed after reboot.  This will protect you from nearly everything, though phishing sites are still a possibility.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:23:07 AM »
Panda Safe Browser  maybe.....have not tested it 
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/safebrowser/

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
If you have Avast Pro or IS, you have the possibility to use safezone browser, for the online banking.
Is a Chrome Browser sandboxed...
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

small_town_boy

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
thank all of you for your opinions..hey Gargamel360 the whole idea about linux was cool i will surely try it.. 8)

Gargamel360

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »
Ok, just choose a Linux that is similar to Windows, like Ubuntu or Mint.

And you may have to change your BIOS to boot from CD first, depending on your PC.  If you don't know how, just Google it, its a simple settings change.

ady4um

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »
Ok, just choose a Linux that is similar to Windows, like Ubuntu or Mint.

My comment is OT, but may be helpful to some user. Ubuntu or Mint are not so fast in Live mode, as the OP intended to use them. Moreover, they are not necessarily so similar to Windows, if that is a really needed condition.

Gargamel360

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 09:57:16 PM »
Yeah, that was really helpful  ::)

ady4um

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:11:33 AM »
Yeah, that was really helpful  ::)
Well, you were recommending something that, to some users that don't know it, is not really "usable" in such situations, or, at least, there are much suited options available.