Author Topic: Full scan  (Read 5016 times)

mytictac

Full scan
« on: September 21, 2009, 05:51:55 AM »
Hello..Im a new Avast usuer and I'm finding it very difficult to understand.  I'm trying to set the scheduler to scan my C drive every night, and I'm not quite sure if Im succeeding.  Which one of the scheduled tasks do I want, and can you explain what name and description mean?  Please dont tell me to go to the manual and read, I have already and cant make heads or tails of it.  Any help would be gratefully accepted. ???

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: Full scan
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:01:49 AM »
Are you using the free version of the pro version of avast?Schedule scanning is only available in the pro version.
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »
Scheduler sure on avast pro, I now trying the scheduler on demo version, but everything seem okay.

Chose: scan local disks to scan your computer :)
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:46:31 AM »
Scheduler sure on avast pro, I now trying the scheduler on demo version, but everything seem okay.

You are not helping new users with your inacurate help!   ::)

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20:16 AM »

You are not helping new users with your inaccurate help!   ::)

Sorry YoKenny,

So this how I mean:
1. There is only scheduler setting only on avast pro edition (I'm using the demo 60 days version of pro edition right now)
2. To access the scheduler setting, it only by changing view to avast! Enhanced User Interface
3. There would be a scheduler option bellow the folders structure tree
4. To make a new scheduler, right click that option and chose "new"
5. This would be open the window of "scheduler event properties" where we can give name, description, and setting about the task/scheduler. e.g: type "Weekly Schedule" for name, and "Scheduler to scan every end of the week" for the description" as how we would set it.
6. On the dropdown menu of "scheduled task" there is some option, iAVS for VPS file, scan: diskette A; scan: local disk (I thought before if mytictac already come to this step, so he/she asking about with which one to chose). I suggest as above to scan: local disk.
7. Set the time and how we would like to schedule it (the menu is simple to understand).
8. Finish.

When the task is starting, there would be an icon notifying on the taskbar. Maybe on the GUI there would be nothing to show if there is an scanning activity take a place. (I guess this is what make a lot people confuse, is avast really scanning my computer, that maybe his/her question)

But, when the scan finish, we can see the details on the report within session menu under the folder structure.

So, I wish time I give the details ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:24:34 AM by Haridiva »
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »

Sorry YoKenny,

So this how I mean:
1. There is only scheduler setting only on avast pro edition (I'm using the demo 60 days version of pro edition right now)

So you are using the demo and you know all of its features and intricacies and giving advice?

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 04:39:18 PM »
@YoKenny,

Yes, I'm using the demo version right now. I want to purchase it, I just can't contact the reseller in my country (my email always fail to reach the company due their server over quota). And I have contact the avast's sales division for this issue.

Well, I won't said I know everything. I just start using it a few days ago. And testing some features that I never found on Home Edition.

So I'm sharing what I know here based on what I found after using the demo. I see you are using pro edition on your signature, did I have get the point by all the detail before? Or I missed something?

Thanks. :)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
@ kenny,

let go.  ;D

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
@Haridiva

I downloaded the User Guide and refer to it when I want to find out how to do something:
http://files.avast.com/files/manuals/user-manual-pro-eng.pdf

There is an Installation Guide available as well:
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_professional.html <== look on the left side

I'm not sure if there are guides in other languages though.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:19:12 AM »
@Haridiva

I downloaded the User Guide and refer to it when I want to find out how to do something:
http://files.avast.com/files/manuals/user-manual-pro-eng.pdf

There is an Installation Guide available as well:
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_professional.html <== look on the left side

Thanks YoKenny, it helps me too :)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 08:51:18 AM »

You fiend it here Kenny
avast! User Guides and Manuals
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-user-guides-and-manual.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:41:39 AM by pondus »