Author Topic: So a couple viruses were found....  (Read 10193 times)

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: So a couple viruses were found....
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 03:34:45 AM »
Are you getting error messages?

If so can you post a screenshot if possible?
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »
try avast repair

controlpanel > ad/remove programs > avast > uninstall > repair option ....wait a minute and reboot

Canucked

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
Nope, not getting any error messages. I rebooted and after that the avast icon came back.
But!!

A couple things happened.....

I couldn't open a couple programs..like windows media player, and chrome. And my PC seems to be lagging like crazy...it probably took about 4 min from the time my background pic showed up on my screen until my start menu and all the little icons loaded...

It seems to me that something ain't right.

Any suggestions??

Canucked

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 08:28:51 AM »
And..

This may be a stupid question..but should I disconnect from net?

I have two roommates in the house and...we all share the same connection. If my PC is still infected, could it affect their computer too??

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 12:39:21 PM »
Could I have a fresh OTL scan please.  Is sharing enabled or are all the systems isolated

Canucked

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
Here's the fresh OTL logs.

I've also noticed that when I start my computer up this little DOS windows pops up, and the last time it had something about a Beyond 2020 Professional browser. I seen this on my computer but i'm not sure how it got here, as far as I know I didn't download it. And since yesterday I've lost about 6 GB's somehow, not sure where they went I haven't downloaded or installed anything, but an updated version of Quicktime and a breaking bad episode...and that wouldn't of taken up that much space.

Not sure if you need to know all this, but heck I figured it couldn't hurt

Canucked

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »
Oh!

And I don't think sharing is enabled, but how would I check just to make sure?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »
Browser 20/20 appears to be a data base tool http://beyond2020.com/index.php/news/27-beyond-20-20-releases-professional-browser-and-publisher-s-edition-7-1

File sharing (although it refers to win 7 it is the same for Vista)  http://www.it.cornell.edu/security/howto/filesharingwin7.cfm/#file

I can see no infection on the system so it may just need a quick tidy up and defrag.  You may also want to disable some of the Acer start up programmes

Clear Cache/Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.  Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Canucked

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 02:19:21 AM »
Alright so I did everything you told me to do, and everything was good for a week or two. But  now my computer keeps freezing on me.  Windows failed to load , did start up repair and resore point, windows loaded after that but now its completely froze  .          It's fu#ked!!  lol.    Can anyone help?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 01:01:36 PM »
What is the hard drive on your computer ?  As this sounds like it is going south