Author Topic: Avast Software Updater  (Read 2520 times)

daveleonard

Avast Software Updater
« on: December 01, 2013, 01:14:47 PM »
My Avast Software Updater continually advises that Flash Player Active X software needs to be upgraded. I upgraded this software 5 times and also just today but the advisement will not go away. I know I can activate the "ignore" function but I want to know when updates are needed. Any ideas? Thank you.

Offline Gandalf1369

Re: Avast Software Updater
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »
Not sure if you have tried this, but it might help . . .

From the avast GUI -> Settings -> Tools -> Software Updater -> Customize -> Reset Database

Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

belmartian

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »
I've also had this problem.  I use Firefox.  The Firefox version of the update installs just fine, but if you have Internet Explorer on your system don't forget to update that version as well.

olddog

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »
The Firefox version of the update installs just fine, but if you have Internet Explorer on your system don't forget to update that version as well.

+1  :)

daveleonard

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 08:32:42 AM »
Gandalf, thanks for the idea but it didn't work for me. I re-set the data base but the same thing reads out. Thanks anyway though.

Arnold72

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:11:15 PM »
This function really needs  the ability to add programs manually .
In its present incarnation it is not worthy of being installed because it only allows the update of a set amount of programs.(flash etc.).Which incidentally i can do on my own in minutes.

Unless it can work like SUMO which allows the manual addition of programs to update then this feature is useless.

daveleonard

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:16:30 AM »
Gandalf, Actually it did work. I went in and updated the app again and this time Avast did show the app as ok (not needing update). So thanks again my friend and take care.