Author Topic: I can not install .1426  (Read 9036 times)

Relu

Re: I can not install .1426
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 02:25:56 AM »
Thanks DavidR

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 02:41:03 AM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Petr

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:45 AM »
Hi everybody,
I received an email from avast team how to solve the problem with a clean install of AIS7. Avast gave me 2 options: a. select custom installation and uncheck to install avast gadget; b. delete file 'c:\Program Files\Windows sidebar\Shared Gadgets\aswSidebar.exe. I tried both options but neither of them worked.

Just to clarify, the advice should have been to delete a file
'c:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Shared Gadgets\aswSidebar.gadget', if exist. This file could remain there after trying
some early versions of Avast 6. This file can prevent Avast 7 gadged from installing correctly, resulting in installation rollback.

Anyway, there could be more reasons which break installation in a similar way. If anything like this happens,
describe the situation to Avast support and send them a setup log:
  • there is a button "View setup log" in the middle of the last page of Avast install wizard (in case of setup error)
  • change verbosity to "debug"
  • click button "Copy to clipboard"
  • paste log content to notepad and save to a file.
Examining the log helps to locate a problem; in this case missing aswRegSvr64.exe was not a real reason, it was caused
by some earlier problem.

Petr

Relu

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 12:04:14 AM »
Hi Petr,
I deleted the file but I could not install AIS7. I could not copy the log by clicking' copy to clipboard'. Does avast pro use aswRegSvr64.exe? If yes why I could not install AIS7. The only way is to install avast pro, insert the license and the program upgrade itself to AIS7.
Regards,
Relu

If somebody can help me how to copy the installing log to clipboard I'd appreciate

Offline Petr

• Avast team
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »
Looks like the reason of the problem was different from the known one. Avast PRO (obviously) skips installation of parts
contained only in AIS, one of them must be a reason of the problem. We could get more information from setup log,
there is a step by step guide how to get it in Avast Support Center, see article:

'avast! 7.x: Getting the setup log file when the installation fails'
https://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1208

Petr