Author Topic: Product Key  (Read 6152 times)

jhwilen

Product Key
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:16:36 AM »
I am using avast pro.  I had to unistall and renistall it.  I attempted to copy and past my product key I have from when I first bought the subscription.  When I enter the product key in the correct registration box, a message saying invalid key comes up.  I do not understand why.  Can anyone help?

onlysomeone

Re: Product Key
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:14:27 AM »
Hi jhwilen!

Is your system time and date correct?
Did you uninstall and reinstall the whole system or just avast!?
If it was just avast! did you use the avast! uninstall utility?

kind regards
onlysomeone

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:16:22 AM »
See the tutorial:  http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-invalid-license-number.html
Are you sure you do not include the 'last blank space' in the paragraph while copying & pasting?
The best things in life are free.

jhwilen

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:08:19 AM »
Thank you for the help.  Looking at the video.  I only have part of the license key.  I seem to have trouble locating my backed up emails with the original emails from my purchase of pro.  I have emailed avast support, tech support and sales.  They should be able to help with the license key.  Thank you again.

jhwilen

Re: Product Key/Windows Firewall
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »
I found the backup email with my full product key.  Thank you again for the video.  I do have one question.  I am using the windows firewall, which I won't be after 5.0 is released.  Do I check avast in the execptions list for allowed programs?  I can not remember.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »
Do I check avast in the execptions list for allowed programs?  I can not remember.
I don't think avast ask to be an exception. I think not. But if it asks, well, allow it.
The best things in life are free.