Author Topic: Help! I have a crazy virus called "Your PC Protector"  (Read 6758 times)

cerealkiller

Help! I have a crazy virus called "Your PC Protector"
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »
First of all I am a novice to any advanced CPU functions(I apologize) 2nd My CPU has become infected with some ad ware/malware that kept popping up and insisting that my CPU was in danger and trying to make me purchase a program. If I shut it down It just came back. I googled the virus and found the steps to remove it which included(and it gets fuzzy here) deleting root menus and certain files. Some files would not allow me to delete them. I went to the task master and cntrl/alt/deleted to end the your PC program and was able to dwnload avast and run it. It said that I had 16 infected files and quarantined them. One of the file it said was a "decompression bomb." It didn't touch it. The Your PC Protector part of the virus seems to have been eliminated however my CPU is very slow now and sometimes only downloads half a website. My mail(yahoo) is not working properly and everytime I run a scan, I have more infected files. Please help. I'm at my wits end.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Help! I have a crazy virus called "Your PC Protector"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »

cerealkiller

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
thx I'll try it!

cerealkiller

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:09:39 PM »
ok now it looks like the pc protector part is gone but avast is still continually finding new infections everytime I run a scan. My computer is running badly and intermittently. My mail will only load new msgs and everytime I try to open something my cpu asks me what program I want to use to open it. It has never done that before. Also when i try to download anything instead of putting it on my desktop like it always has, it disappears. when I try to run it from my downloads screen it says it can't find it. please help!

Mr.Agent

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
I suggest if you got any others pc to put in a usb disk Flash Disinfector + Malwarebytes Free. Also very that your firewall is turned on and windows defender. So now run all your scanners. By 1 per 1. So give us the malwarebytes log..

If i was you i would do that. As Malwarebytes Free its seem its great again rogue. But update him and let see if there any virus that pc protector did left on your pc.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 11:14:30 PM »
can you post the log from the MBAM scan?

Mr.Agent

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 11:17:21 PM »
If the current setup dont load just rename their setup for "iownedyou.exe" or something else. So maybe its will work. ;D

cerealkiller

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 12:00:59 AM »
Thank you so much for all of your help, but I need to explain again that I am almost cpu illiterate. If you could please talk to me like I'm an idiot it would be most appreciated(never thought I'd say that) I can't run the malaware program because it says application not found.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »
If the current setup dont load just rename their setup for "iownedyou.exe" or something else. So maybe its will work. ;D

Did you try what i did suggest if its dont want to run ?

cerealkiller

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 12:09:24 AM »
I don't know how to rename the setup. How do I do that? when I go to the dwnload section and click the install comes up and asks me if I want to run or cancel. I press run and something comes up and says app not found. where do I go to rename it and how do I launch it once I do? thank you!

Mr.Agent

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »
Save As > Desktop > Save > Go to Desktop > Right click > Rename > Now put iownedyou as a new name for the setup

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 12:11:17 AM »
did you follow step 2 and 3 in the removal guide?

Mr.Agent

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 12:13:38 AM »
Also dont worry for the settings of malwarebytes the defaults are great. If i remember great.

Just update and run a quick scan.

(If you success to install)

cerealkiller

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:48:34 AM »
So I purchased an anti-virus program from norton and downloaded it but I can't open the .exe file. What should I do?

computerfreaker

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 04:09:11 AM »
I doubt the infection has gone; sounds like it's still blocking antivirus products.
Well, let's give this a try.

1 Download OTL to your Desktop
2 Double click on the OTL icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
3 Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
/md5stop
c:\windows\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
c:\windows\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT

4 Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and paste them into your reply as an attachment.