Author Topic: Avast 6, does it still have problems with itunes?  (Read 6452 times)

sw

Avast 6, does it still have problems with itunes?
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

With the release of itunes 10.2 and avast 6, I was wondering if all you idevice users out there still have problems with the connection of the device with the computer and itunes being actually able to detect it. So please tell me, truthfully because i am considering to get one of those.

Have a nice day

Hermite15

Re: Avast 6, does it still have problems with itunes?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
no problem here at all, I've been using three successive versions of iTune + Apple device connected and always detected... and Avast has never been an issue here ;)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 04:14:25 PM »
No problems here either with my iPhone 4 :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

EagleGhost

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
Is it safe to use iPod Nano 6g with Avast 6? I have a fear, that it will broke my beloved iPod. Thanks in advance! :)

EagleGhost

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »
I need help! Thanks.

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
I need help! Thanks.

are you a baby or what? why would avast break your nano ??? ;D

EagleGhost

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »
I need help! Thanks.

are you a baby or what? why would avast break your nano ??? ;D

I'm not a baby, sorry. :) I remember that there was a bug in iPad's software, which broke iPad's battery. But I just want to know is it safe to use iPod with Avast? This might sound stupid to you, but not for me.

muncle

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 04:31:16 PM »
@EagleGhost I have both an ipod touch and ipod classic syncing with itunes and never had an issue with avast causing any problem to either of my devices

Offline wonderwrench

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »
I'm no Apple fan but the wife had to have a iPod touch gen 4 so after several months of her bugging me about it I broke down and got her one. IMO iTunes is a POS. It has the most backward GUI I have ever seen. The iPod itself seems to be of the highest quality, I'm very impressed. Avast IS 6.0.1000 causes no issues what so ever with the operation of iTunes or syncing of the device. This applies the Windows 7 64 bit only as I have never used Avast 6 or Apple software/hardware on anything else.

Bill
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript

Hermite15

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »
agreed that iTune at least in Windows - no idea how it looks like on a MAC - is a piece of garbage. UI is awful, slow, chaotic etc... if that's how Apple thinks a computer application should be, I'm glad that I've been on PC for more than a decade now.

doktornotor

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 05:38:10 PM »
I remember that there was a bug in iPad's software, which broke iPad's battery. But I just want to know is it safe to use iPod with Avast? This might sound stupid to you, but not for me.

I don´t have and will never buy anything from Apple. However, as a generic note - if a piece of software causes HW breakage, then the HW has always been broken by design in the first place. No idea what do you mean by "safe". Avast has no influence on your iPod.

EagleGhost

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »
I have never had any problems with iTunes. It's a matter of taste of course. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. :) But big thanks for all!

EagleGhost

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »
No idea what do you mean by "safe".

I mean, that can Avast somehow "broke" the iPod when it possibly causes problems when syncing it? I'm sorry for this noob comment. :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »
I mean, that can Avast somehow "broke" the iPod when it possibly causes problems when syncing it? I'm sorry for this noob comment. :)

No, avast doesn't break any iPods. ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

sw

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »
Alright, got my ipod. Plugged it in and worked perfectly, no problem with syncing at all. Awesome, by the way, its a wonder how apple works their magic to make the sync super fast.