Author Topic: Avast slow my computer  (Read 6657 times)

tharindu

Avast slow my computer
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »
 >:( i installed latest avast 8 and now my pc gonna slow computer. Booting is slow,opening file,internet and much more I uninstalled avast now my pc gonna fast , yesterday I reinstalled the avast because i want protection.

But now i thin THIS IS SUCK   THIS IS SUCK THIS IS SUCK THIS IS SUCK

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast slow my computer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:03:20 AM »
hey what os you using?

what was the antivirus program before avast and how did you uninstall it?

how much ram does your computer have?
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

tharindu

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 04:48:33 AM »
A1. Windows XP
A2. No I not used Antivirus gurd before this
A3. 320 Mb

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:46:35 AM »
hey again that could be the problem 320 mb ram for windows x is a bit low. recommended ram for windows xp is like 1 gb at least.  if you could upgrade to at least 1 gb your computer should be a lot faster. 
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

tharindu

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »
thats not about ram !
i want speed my computer like best peformance !

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
You won't get best performance if your system is throttled by a lack of ram. XP has a minimum requirement of 256MB RAM and that is before you start adding other programs to that minimum requirement.

Once you start running low on RAM the OS has to swap what is in ram out to the hard disk (pagefile.sys), this swapping to the hard disk is a system bottleneck as data has to be constantly swapped in and out of the pagefile.sys and is much slower than running from RAM.

Until recently I had 2GB on this system and it was regularly using 1.6GB, so I have increased that to 4GB to ensure that I don't have anything being swapped out to the pagefile.sys on the hard disk.

So the suggestion to get 1GB on XP is a reasonable one and you should notice an overall improvement on the system not just avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tharindu

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »
Ok I want Upgrade My Ram But I installed it After I restart My computer But it Louding
Beeping Sound !!

bailenforcer

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
I had the same problem when the Avast updated to the new "program" the computer literally dropped to 25% of it's normal speed. After days of dealing with this insanity, I removed avast then installed the previous Avast program and my computer is now running at normal speeds.

I have been told by a number of clients that Avast may be doing the same stupidity as AVG and seeking out so called pirated software. I have gotten many complaints that Avast attacked software it thought was pirated, or programs it thinks are used to steal software, or crack software. The biggest problem here is, professional programmers are now having Avast attack their work.

Last night another person who programs, called me with the same issue.

So here is the question... Is Avast concerning themselves with being hunters of suspected software, like AVG is?

Another complaint is all the bloated crap in Avast that no one asked for. I don't need my Anti Virus managing ME. All I asked for is it to fight infections, not manage my computers resources, and store my information on a cloud where my privacy become at risk. And before someone spouts off how it is impossible that information connected to the cloud is safe, the facts disprove this.

In the last several years I have turned about 20,000 clients on to Avast and now it seems I need to find another less invasive anti virus. This slow down problem is costing me money and I am not happy.

Is there a solution, or do I need to look elsewhere for my needs and the needs of my clients?

I am running several machines, but like this one most have 6 gigs of ram, Windows 7, and 4 core AMD or Intel all 64 bit processors.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:50:37 PM by bailenforcer »