Author Topic: Sugestion and Question  (Read 2294 times)

BrBrasil

Sugestion and Question
« on: November 26, 2008, 08:06:17 PM »
Hello guys,

I have some questions and a sugestion:

1- I have Windows Vista. Is it normal, that when Avast is scanning the email messages that you are receiveing by Windows Mail, the Icon that shows that avast is scanning the messages (near the clock), dont show up, even when you have set the option to the icon appears?
In Windows XP it shows normaly. Its important to say, that the messages are scanned normaly (The avast signature in each message appears), even with the icon missing

--> I believe the new method to send files to avast are not so intuitive. You first add a file to the Avast chest. Then You select the file and click in the option "send file to Alwil" (or something like it). And then, nothing happens. Sometime later, an update is performed and the file is sent, while you maybe nor even remember that you asked to send the file.

My suggestions is that, when you choose the option "Send file to alwil" from the avast chest, it just pop up a message telling that the file is ready to be submitted in the next update check. And the file gets a visible status that its already set to be send. So the user can see wich file has been configured to be submitted (or even cancel the submit before the proccess).
After that is submitted, it status is changed to "Already submitted" or something like, and it cannot be submitted again...

Thanks just an opinion... :)

Thanks for your great product!

Br_Brasil
After the submit is done, the file change

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Sugestion and Question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »
1- I have Windows Vista. Is it normal, that when Avast is scanning the email messages that you are receiveing by Windows Mail, the Icon that shows that avast is scanning the messages (near the clock), dont show up, even when you have set the option to the icon appears?
In Windows XP it shows normaly. Its important to say, that the messages are scanned normaly (The avast signature in each message appears), even with the icon missing
From some months I do not use Windows Mail anymore, changed to Outlook. But, if I remember correctly the icon should be shown.

--> I believe the new method to send files to avast are not so intuitive. You first add a file to the Avast chest. Then You select the file and click in the option "send file to Alwil" (or something like it). And then, nothing happens. Sometime later, an update is performed and the file is sent, while you maybe nor even remember that you asked to send the file.

My suggestions is that, when you choose the option "Send file to alwil" from the avast chest, it just pop up a message telling that the file is ready to be submitted in the next update check. And the file gets a visible status that its already set to be send. So the user can see wich file has been configured to be submitted (or even cancel the submit before the proccess).
After that is submitted, it status is changed to "Already submitted" or something like, and it cannot be submitted again...
I agree. The text should be more intuitive and the status of the file into Chest (not submitted or already submitted) should be shown either.
The best things in life are free.