Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 5890 times)

gclark

Error Message
« on: November 03, 2008, 01:50:22 AM »
I keep getting this error message.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times.  To uninstall it, I have to go into "Safe Mode" to get the software uninstalled.  I am running Vista.  Any ideas?

This is the message that I recieve:

---------------------------
ashAvast.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.
OK   

I really want to get this operating properly.  Somebody help, please.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Error Message
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 02:39:43 AM »
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

That is the self-defence mode possible, but the program should uninstall from windows add remove programs when in Normal boot mode. Are you getting any errors when you try to uninstall in normal mode ?

Are you uninstalling and installing from an account with Administrator privileges ?

I don't use Vista so I don't know if the UAC would get in on the act when you try to install, perhaps you could try right clicking on the avast setup file and select run as administrator ???
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:09:20 AM »
Have you possibly setup ashavast.exe as the program to be used for scanning files (for example in a download manager or Instant Messaging program)?  If you have it is the incorrect program (ashquick.exe is the correct one).

gclark

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:08:33 AM »
I do get an error when trying to uninstall it in normal mode.  It is:
[Window Title]
Microsoft Windows

[Main Instruction]
avast! Consent dialog helper application has stopped working

[Content]
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

As far as having the wrong program in download manager, I have no idea nor do I really know how to check. 

I also get this message when I open Outlook.  Any ideas.

Microsoft Office Outlook
The Add-in "avast! 4" (C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashOutXt.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.
OK  

jonroxas

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 01:32:44 AM »
hi i've been getting the exact same problem posted here. any ideas how to solve it? i cant uninstall the program and i cant access it either. what am i supposed to do? help!

g3nut

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »
Vista premium x64

Started getting the same message here as well
"avast! Consent dialog helper application has stopped working"
What's going on?
Does anyone care?
Looks like I will have to give up using AVAST (and I have been a fan for years)