Author Topic: HELP!!! What do I do? TOSCDSPD.exe is infected by Win32:Beagle-AHE [Trj]  (Read 15595 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: HELP!!! What do I do? TOSCDSPD.exe is infected by Win32:Beagle-AHE [Trj]
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 03:45:13 PM »
It means that the infected file has been dealt with, how it came to be infected is the 64,000 dollar question. So it may be worth running some other tools to see if there is any undetected or hidden elements of this infection on your system, see below.

I take it you scanned the Acoustic Silencer installation file, found it to be clean and installed it without any avast alerts ?

You can plug in and scan your ipod's storage using the Simple User Interface regular on-demand scan. Or having plugged it in, using windows explorer, right click on the ipod drive and select, Scan selected areas for viruses, etc.

####
If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode and report the findings (it should product a log file).
1. SUPERantispyware On-Demand only in free version.
2. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, On-Demand only in free version http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/malwarebytes/mbam-setup.exe, right click on the link and select Save As or Save File (As depending on your browser), save it to a location where you can find it easily later.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

diana_loves

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
Yeap!!  I scanned the file I downloaded from the Toshiba site. Bug free according to Avast. Installed it. Acoustic Silencer is now working smoothly. Needless to say, I owe you big time! The guys at Symantec support tried for about 40 minutes to convince me to invest in a $150/30-day long solution saying that every minute wasted trying to get information in public forums could potentially mean the total loss of my data as well as my laptop....  I'm now seeping a glass of wine in your honor, so Cheers!!

As for the origin of the infection, the rar file I thought I was downloading was a trial version of Muvee (a video editor). And as soon as I ran the setup file in the rar (which, of course, I forgot to scan first *Insert much deserved face-slapping here, please*) I got the mysterious "Blackbox Decoder Install Console" screen which upon closing triggered the whole crash of my antivirus. My initial panicked reaction was backing up all the important info and deleting both the rar and the extracted file folder. I don't know if that was such a good idea as it probably would've been helpful to scan those files too to answer the 64,000 dollar question.

I'm now only left with the pain-in-the-butt Windows Defender issue, which mainly is not generating any trouble except for the nagging feeling of knowing that it is there, not doing a damn thing for my system and can't even find a way to unistall it to see if it can be "reinstalled" successfully (it doesn't appear in the list of programs for uninstall in the control panel). Any ideas on this one?

Regarding the other suggestions, I have ran MalwareBytes Anti-Malware several times both in Safe Mode and Normal Mode and I hasn't located any other infections. I guess that's good? I'm now downloading SUPERantispyware now to see what it finds.

I'll keep you posted!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »
You're welcome, I guess they don't know much about the avast forums ;D

MBAM is a good application doesn't take up much resources unless you run its on-demand scan and worth keeping as part of a multi-application approach to your security as is SAS. Multi-application approach is great with the right applications, ones that compliment (not clash) each other and these work fine with avast.

I generally pause the Standard Shield whilst running scans with these scanners, if running in normal mode (not required in safe mode as avast isn't running), overall this speeds up the scan duration.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

diana_loves

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »
Haha! My guess is they don't know much about forums at all

Ok. Done. Finally got to run SUPERAntiSpyware and it found nothing on the laptop. The ipod seems to be clean according to Malwarebytes's and AvastPro so I guess I'm in the clear?

Now I'm just wondering how to get rid of the Windows Defender useless component which is just... there. Like having a corpse on my Control Panel. Any ideas on how to get it off if it doesn't appear on the Uninstall list?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »
Well useless is perhaps a little strong, even though I don't rate it very much, it doesn't seem to catch anything (from comments in these forums) but I believe it is meant to have resident protection (though it doesn't seem to have done much for you in this case).

I have never used it so I have never tried to remove windows defender, but my friend google probably does ;D
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=remove+windows+defender
This is just one of the hits, http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=479680&SiteID=17 another http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_to_remove_windows_defender_from_vista.

diana_loves

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
You're right... it might not be useless, if I could actually get it to work again!   :P 

The problem is that since the crash of Avast (which has now been corrected) Windows Defender keeps throwing that error message that I mentioned in a previous post of the application not initializing. That's what I meant with the "corpse" reference...

So that's why I want to try uninstalling it to see if it can be repaired to actually perform... whatever function it was performing (or not!?) before the crash... but for some reason I can't find it listed in the programs list. You don't think this could be another bug trying to make my day, do you?

Thanks for your patience with the endless questioning!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 10:08:22 PM »
Well first I believe you would have to uninstall/remove (check out the links I gave) and reinstall it if there is a way to do that in Vista as I don't know if it is an integral part of it,

Sepehr

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »
I REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Hi all!

I have been experiencing quite a similar problem for the last 2 days. I downloaded a cracked instalation of a Pocket PC software (I know I did a wrong thing by looking for a cracked software!), and then continued for installation. As what happened to diana_loves, a box appeared about Black Box Communication and finished its instalation before I could do anything. Then after a short while, a blue screen appeared. So, I restarted my laptop (Dell Inspiron 630m) and realized that the usb connection between my Pocket PC and the computer for synchronization is lost. Besides, my wireless internet connection was disconnected as well and I couldn't connect it. When I tried to search for available networks to rebuild the connection, it showed me the message that you should use another application if you have defiend another program for this purpose. Besides, Intel Proset Wireless starts to poping up notofications about available networks which I hadn't experienced before. I have never used this software. One more thing was about the low performance of my CPU as my Yahoo Widget was showing it 100% busy.

So, I went for system scan using my anti viruses, and realized that both NOD32 and Adaware 2008 I had were not accessible and recieved a message that they are not a system32 applications. Also, the McAfee firewall I had was disappeared from the both icon tray and my program files!!!

Therefore, as the Virus got the control of my system, I chose to remove the hardware from the laptop and use a HD Enclosure to connect it to another system for system scan. I did this and used NOD32 and Adaware 2008 on another laptop to scan my HD. They both found a win32\bagle.qh worm on Srosa.sys file in system32\drivers. Adaware also find another malware in my system volume information with a risk of 10 out of 10. So, after I first used NOD32 and delted the worm, I put the HD back and run the computer. But still I had the same problems with no change. So, I did the scanning process one more time using Adaware 2008, and after deleting all the worms and malwares run the computer again and still I had the problems. Eventually, I did what diana_loves did as using avast pro and was hoping for scan boot. But it didnät happen after restarting the computer and when I tried to do it manually, the same message as for other anti viruses appeared.

By the way, I can not get into safe mode because of facing a blue screen and my OS is XP SP3.

So, I don't know what to do now. Please let me know if you have any idea or have experienced similar thing before. I am starting to freak out.

PLEASE HELP.

Best Regards,
Sepehr
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:39:15 PM by Sepehr »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
I would say if you haven't read all of this topic and used all the tools suggested.

Then I would say it would probably be better to create your own new topic, so if there are any minor differences (as in your similar experiences comment) so it doesn't confuse this topic.

- Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Viruses and Worms forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.

In that new topic you can report the findings of the various tools suggested in this one and we can try to rectify the no safe mode issue (a common malware tactic).

Sepehr

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »
Hi,

Good point. Actually I realized this and so I created a new topic. But I just forgot to clean this reply.

Please reply to my topic as I really can use your help.