Author Topic: PC Restart by itself, please help me  (Read 4509 times)

cdestefani

PC Restart by itself, please help me
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:40:32 AM »
My PC restart by itself within the starting up and then within the first few minutes of operation.
The PC is a dual system PC Win XP and Windows 7, I use it about 99.99% in Win XP.

Can anyone please help me?

I attach the OTL aswMBR wuick scan and also a HiJackThis scan.

Please, help me

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: PC Restart by itself, please help me
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
Hi cdestefani,

Problem is only when running XP?  Last cleaning of computer of dust was when?  Same problem restarting with Win 7?

Three programmes asked for are Malwarebytes, OTL, and aswMBR.  We really do not use HiJackThis as it is not well supported anymore, OTL is preferred.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Error messages or minidumps produced just before restart occurs?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 01:57:21 PM »
My thoughts as well when looking at the logs

Download Speedfan and install it. 

Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. 
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

cdestefani

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:09:57 AM »
Here I answer to the questions plus some thoughts I have.
Since this is a trouble that I am having for over 2 months, there are a several things I think it could be.

1 - Virus: I had been dealing with this issue in this forum, thread "PC Random Reboot", it had some malware and was fixed but the trouble remains the same. The last MB report done it today after the reboot is attached.

2 - Dust/poor cooling/hardware plus software.
I run the PC in Win XP, windows 7 very rare because of software compatibility.
PC Cleaning. I opened the case and with a brush cleaned all the dust in the MB, CPU fan, fan case and any other place I had access to. I even removed the RAM stick and cleaned the contact edge.
I attach the SpeedFan screen as requested.

3 - Since my last post I kept on searching the net and found some threads with similar problems and it gave me more clues where the problem may be. So I went to:
My Computer ==> Manage ==> Event Viewer ==> and select System because I think the trouble could be related to some system files.

I attach one of two pics from last reboot, this morning at 7:11:21 or 7:11:22, these are the times I have failures reported, both indicates:
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7022

Out of these three option, I think the answer is in the last one. The problem is how to fix this, can anyone help me?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:08:20 PM »
Do you require the web deployment service ? As that is generally used for networks

Could you zip and upload the last two mindumps to a file sharing site for me to look at

They should be in C:\windows\minidumps

cdestefani

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
Web Deployment service [WDS].
I sometimes connect this PC to another PC or Laptop for some files transfer/copy, but despites the fact that are all of them connected to the net throught the same router, I am not running any home network. Based on this, I do not think disconnecting the web deployment service will affect me much, besides if I want to do any network in the future there must be files to download from microsoft, am I right?
I might also look if there is any update related to WDS and reinstalling it could also solve this problem.

The \windows\minidumps is not found in my HD.
The minidumps you refer are the small crashes I am having and yesterday posted one JPG, right?

Could you also specify the "file sharing site" to upload the files?

cdestefani

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:26:23 AM »
I just searched microsoft and found the Web Deploy V2.0 at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25230
It says: The Web Deployment Tool simplifies migration, management and deployment of IIS Web servers, Web applications and Web sites.
Since I sometimes works on my business website with this PC, I think it is a tool that enable me to make small changes/updates to my site.
If I download and install it, will it update files/setting and solve this problem? What is your opinion?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:15:13 PM »
Yes tha twould be well worth trying, if nothing else you will be more secure in your website transactions..  Let me know how that goes 

cdestefani

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »
This is un update cause I want to see the results.

Download web deploy V2. The installation has three options: change, repair and remove.
The repair takes cares of fixing files and correcting registry, this one was selected.
After installation, the PC run OK but it then failed again with different error codes (7000 and 7009)
In an attempt to fix it again, the repair was run. This was about 3 days ago and the PC is not failing, so it looks I overcome the trouble.

Thanks for your help  :)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
Thanks for letting us know of the resolution.  'Tis much appreciated