Author Topic: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] warning in trusted program  (Read 4378 times)

graywolf

Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] warning in trusted program
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »
I'm getting an error when I attempt to open my ApS-Ethos CadCam digitizing system.  The error tells me I'm missing the tileview.dll file, but it is very evident by searching that the file is there.  I even reinstalled my program but continue to get this error. 

I had no issues until last night when I wanted to do a rush job for one of my clients. 

I'm running Avast Pro with Engine and Definitions: V130626-0, Program: V8.0.1489 on Server: a392vg.avast.com (199.115.116.206).  I've run my SpyBotS&D malware scan twice and can find no threats.  I ran a full virus scan with Avast and it found no threats.  I'm currently running the Win XP-Pro OS.

From what I've been reading on this Forum, there is an issue with false positives concerning Win32:Evo-gen on other systems.  Since I've been using my Cad system software for over 15 years, I find it hard to believe that there is an actual issue with the software, and based on several scans using SpybotS&D and Avast Pro Av with negative results on a virus or malware being present, I believe this to be a false positive.

Attached is a screenshot of my SpyBot scan results.  I failed to capture a copy of the virus scan from last night, so I have no screenshot of that.  I did receive a report just a few days ago concerning my Avast AV protection and the files it scanned, etc.  There were no previous threats noted in that report.

I need to resolve this issue in order to perform my business functions.  I've done virtually everything I can think of to resolve it on my own.  Please help.

Thanks!
graywolf

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

graywolf

Re: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] warning in trusted program
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
Okay, but when I remove the file and attempt to open my Cad system, I get an error saying it's missing.  Also, it didn't show up on my AV scan nor my adware/malware scan.  And on top of all that, a few months ago I had to replace my harddrive.  I kept my old harddrive as a slave until I can make certain I have copied all necessary design files, documents, puctures, etc.  When I checked the old harddrive and looked into the Cad system files, tileview.dll file was listed.  Also when I reinstalled the program from the original CD it installed tileview.dll.  Now what?

graywolf

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »
Does anyone else have an opinion or a suggestion on how I can resolve this issue?  I have client designs in limbo and this is costing me money!  Please, someone, help!

Thanks!
Gray Wolf

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »
You can report problems here.   http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

graywolf

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Just tried, twice, to report this using the contact form supplied in your link.  I received an error message saying "413 Request Entity Too Large". 

I can't provide a single file from which this original issue pops up.  Something is not allowing me to open my Cad system.  The original error, which still exists, says the file tileview.dll is missing.  That's the problem.  As I said in my original post, I've reinstalled my Cad program, three times now.  I've also done a system restore back to Monday of this week.  I still can't open my system.

HELP!   :'(

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »
Just tried, twice, to report this using the contact form supplied in your link.  I received an error message saying "413 Request Entity Too Large". 

I can't provide a single file from which this original issue pops up.  Something is not allowing me to open my Cad system.  The original error, which still exists, says the file tileview.dll is missing.  That's the problem.  As I said in my original post, I've reinstalled my Cad program, three times now.  I've also done a system restore back to Monday of this week.  I still can't open my system.

HELP!   :'(

You can send the file via email to avast lab
virus@avast.com zipper , please.
put "False positive" to email subject

You can send the file

Submitting files from the Virus Chest to avast! virus Lab

http://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB21

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »
You could also use this contact: http://www.avast.com/contacts
to report and open a ticket for support on this,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!