Author Topic: Can someone please explain to me this thing...  (Read 6051 times)

theinvulnerable

Can someone please explain to me this thing...
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:26:45 PM »
I'm using avast 4.8 version and since a long time ago up to this time I don't know why it was always happen? See below:

Event Type:   Information
Event Source:   avast!
Event Category:   Client
Event ID:   90
Date:      5/30/2010
Time:      8:11:35 AM
User:      N/A
Computer:   
Description:
Automatic rootkit scan was not started as it didn't complete successfully during the last run. 

Kindly explain about this please. I'm so curious about it if it can be successful or just not at all time?

Hermite15

Re: Can someone please explain to me this thing...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
I have no idea...you should wait for a 4.8 user...but there aren't many here anymore. Hopefully someone who had this same error message in the past can help you ???

Offline RedFan

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »
Why not upgrade to version 5.0.545  ???
IntelĀ® i3 Quad-Core @4,3 GHZ. RAM: 16GB ddr4 || SSD 500 GB || Windows 11 Home x64 || Chromium user.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
If you can, upgrade to version 5.
If not, at least, try to repair your installation through Control Panel.
Seems a temporary problem of the antirootkit scanning only.
The best things in life are free.

theinvulnerable

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »
Even if it is fresh install from newly formatted pc, I saw it in the logs. But I don't know when it was occur. I just saw it in the avast logs every time I checked the logs. Is it possible that Automatic rootkit scan will started if the pc is idle, or some sort of scheduled by avast antivirus itself and if you started to use the pc it will not complete to scan?

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 11:37:06 PM »
Even if it is fresh install from newly formatted pc, I saw it in the logs. But I don't know when it was occur. I just saw it in the avast logs every time I checked the logs. Is it possible that Automatic rootkit scan will started if the pc is idle, or some sort of scheduled by avast antivirus itself and if you started to use the pc it will not complete to scan?

look, it's hardly possible to troubleshoot this as a running Avast 4.8 is needed to help you, and as said not many are still running Avast 4. Why don't you upgrade to Avast 5 as suggested?

theinvulnerable

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »
Because I don't think avast 5 stable already. I'll get if it is stable. I don't want my system getting fucked up and ended with formatting the hard drive again. Because I don't have a back up with my files, games, and other application. Therefore I make sure that all things i'll put in pc is fine and don't have any irregularities. Because if I back up my files, games, and other application, I'll be needed another hard drive because it is huge as of now, and it will cost me extra money and I can't afford it because i am just poor.

Hermite15

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 01:21:09 AM »
Because I don't think avast 5 stable already. I'll get if it is stable. I don't want my system getting fucked up and ended with formatting the hard drive again. Because I don't have a back up with my files, games, and other application. Therefore I make sure that all things i'll put in pc is fine and don't have any irregularities. Because if I back up my files, games, and other application, I'll be needed another hard drive because it is huge as of now, and it will cost me extra money and I can't afford it because i am just poor.

well if you see things that way there's not much to add  ;D

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
@ theinvulnerable

Build 5.0.545 has been stable for quite some time and works MUCH better than 4.0 and is much quicker.  Many of us have vital things on our PC's.  But I'm in agreement with Logos and many others here that a clean install of Avast to 5.0.545 would be the best thing for you to resolve your problems.

bo.elam

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 05:25:57 AM »
Hi the invulnerable, I moved to Avast 2 months ago and I can honestly
say that it has been a flawless ride. You should take the advice given
to you by everybody that has answer on this thread and move on to
Avast5. Before I moved to Avast I was a little bit restless because of
what I had read but I am a gambling man and I am happy that I took a
chance. Do yourself a favor and do the upgrade.
Bo