Author Topic: Missing Drivers because of stupidity.  (Read 3743 times)

carogator

Missing Drivers because of stupidity.
« on: March 29, 2010, 04:01:59 AM »
Misread that I could uninstall my USB Drivers and they would reinstall on a reboot. That didn't happen.
Now I have no Driversfor USB Ports. Also root hubs for USB Ports disappeared. When I find Drivers, How do I download and install?
Thanks in advance. They appear to be Intel Drivers.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: Missing Drivers because of stupidity.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 04:57:45 AM »
Welcome to the forums carogator,

First, you may check your Chipset / Motherboard CD. Use it to find the right driver.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
First, you may check your Chipset / Motherboard CD. Use it to find the right driver.

if not found there or no cd/dvd available, search on ur system manufactorers hp 4 drivers.
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »
What is your OS?
Normally they should automatically reinstall...
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »
Yes, thats right.

Can you provide more information, like the OS on yr computer, please? As Zyndstoff asks.

Also, can you take a screenshot of yr Device Manager, please?
How to access Device Manager -  http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/f/access-device-manager.htm
Once in Device Manager, press key Print Screen/Sys Req (or similar) at type right-hand corner of keyboard
Open MS Paint - find Edit tab on toolbar across top of screen - on the drop down menu, click Paste
- save the screenshot as a JPEG or GIF file
- attach to post to forum using Additional Options function in lower left-hand corner of Post reply screen  

If possible, are you able to locate the model number of yr motherboard?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:32:09 PM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

jrehner

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »
Even if u have a CD with the original driver info, those drivers will likely be well out of date. From there tho u could go to website to download current drivers OR u could do what many other ppl do and get an app that u can use to update all the drivers--I use Driver Detective but there are many others....Basically the program scans ur computer and then lists the drivers that are out of date (or missing) and u can then just click on what u need and it downloads the driver-u open and voila Current drivers

Hermite15

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »
What is your OS?
Normally they should automatically reinstall...

yep, exactly, and if they don't there's something wrong with the OS setup...as said a chipset drivers reinstall (found on Intel web site) should still solve the issue...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:37:39 PM »
u can find the automatic intel driver update utility here:
http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=subhdr+dnlds_detect
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0