Author Topic: Please Help with A Trojan Removal  (Read 9136 times)

jimmy2u

Re: Please Help with A Trojan Removal
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 11:56:38 AM »
This will be my last posting with this thread.  It seems that both of my computers are now infection free thanks to the advise/suggestions that I got here.  Ik have to admit though that computer #2 did not clean up without some additions to the list of advise/suggestions that I received.  Since Avast could not move the infected file to 'chest' (the file was locked), and deletion of the file didn't work, I had to do the following.
1.  I unlocked the infected file using the program 'unlocker' v1.8.5.  This program brings up a window that identifies the location and name of the infected file. I wrote that location down.
2.  After unlocking the infected file I deleted it using the program 'Eraser'.
3.  I then went to the System 32 folder (the location that was in the Unlocker Window) and renamed it and removed it to another location for deletion in the future.  That file was called 'routing.exe' and so far my computer is working infection free.  Once again thanks for all your help and you may want to test out my suggestion and incorporate in your response to others.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Please Help with A Trojan Removal
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »
This will be my last posting with this thread.
Hope you keep logging from time to time to enjoy avast forums... ;)

Since Avast could not move the infected file to 'chest' (the file was locked), and deletion of the file didn't work, I had to do the following.
Couldn't avast manage this at boot time?
The best things in life are free.