Author Topic: Update Alert on Avast Internet Security summary screen  (Read 4884 times)

US51

Update Alert on Avast Internet Security summary screen
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:44:48 AM »
My Avast summary screen is showing an alert to update virus definitions...Problem is that when i do update  it says definitions are already up to date...Could it be that the warning should be set to show alert after a longer period of time...The most recent update is 110117 which early this morning local time...It's been showing this alert for the past 8 hours or so and i've attempted to update several times.

I'm running Avast Internet Security program version 5.1.889 on Windows 7 64 bit version.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Update Alert on Avast Internet Security summary screen
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:02:41 AM »
Hello US51 and welcome: Try a Repair of Avast by going to Control Panel, Add and Remove PRograms and Choose Avast, then Change/Remove. Scroll down in the options and choose Repair.
See if that resolves the issue. :)

US51

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:13:19 AM »
Hello US51 and welcome: Try a Repair of Avast by going to Control Panel, Add and Remove PRograms and Choose Avast, then Change/Remove. Scroll down in the options and choose Repair.

Just tried your suggestion schmidthouse...And i'm still getting the same alert indication.

I'm going to try a complete re-install next...

Offline wonderwrench

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:20:09 AM »
I have seen this happen several times on a fresh install of Avast 5. I think it will fix itself when the next def update comes out.

Bill
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 03:24:28 AM »

Just tried your suggestion schmidthouse...And i'm still getting the same alert indication.

I'm going to try a complete re-install next...

I would wait until the next update tomorrow as I also have seen this kink work itself out as wonderwrench has also stated ;)

US51

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 03:39:16 AM »
Thanks for your suggestions...I went ahead and did a complete re-install and the problem is resolved...The latest update (which says it was released about 8 hours ago) is now in place...The alert indication is now gone.

Thanks again!