Author Topic: Avast service will not start.  (Read 7333 times)

sparrownightmare

Avast service will not start.
« on: March 10, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »
Hi.  Last night my machine did an automatic update of Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.  When I got up this morning, I had to log in and restart all of my applications.  My first indication that there was a problem was when Outlook stopped functioning.  That was easily fixed, however I noticed that Avast was giving me an error icon and said I was unsecured.  I tried a system restore to before the update, nothing helps.  I cannot start the service manually either.  Is anyone else having this issue.  I really hate the thought of having to reinstall Avast AGAIN...

chez.forwood

Re: Avast service will not start.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 02:03:19 AM »
Hi.  Last night my machine did an automatic update of Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.  When I got up this morning, I had to log in and restart all of my applications.  My first indication that there was a problem was when Outlook stopped functioning.  That was easily fixed, however I noticed that Avast was giving me an error icon and said I was unsecured.  I tried a system restore to before the update, nothing helps.  I cannot start the service manually either.  Is anyone else having this issue.  I really hate the thought of having to reinstall Avast AGAIN...

I am having the same trouble. I downloaded the free anti-virus from C-Net, and once installed, it will not start. Can not do anything. Just will not start and now my pc is unprotected. Never seen such a thing with avast before

diva69x

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:09:04 AM »
Im having the same problem.  Does anyone have a contact number>

ajontheweb

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »
having the same problem here too

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »
The best things in life are free.

bobo1

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
Avast 5 does not like a system restore job when you throw back the computer. Try add and remove programs and select avast and try repair option. if it fails. I had to use the Avast removal tool and then use CrapCleaner program to get rid of junk files & do registry clean up with it & re-install avast from scratch to get it working correctly. IMPORTANT Is your time & date correct on your PC?