Author Topic: disc c is growing itself  (Read 8100 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: disc c is growing itself
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
Plus the system restore backups are using 22Gb so you can delete all but the last one to recover more space

ruby42

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »
I remove recovery files and now I have 29GB free space. I will be watching this free space and tell if it will be again less ans less. Probably it is not virus, but it was this recovery tool and when I move files from C to another partition it made recovery, so I lose this free space. Thanks.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
Maybe you should buy an external hard drive. You can copy all important files off from your PC.

And you can plug in the harddrive when you need it, and your files are mostly safe from viruses which in fect your PC
but not the harddrive when its not plugged in.

I am doing this at the moment.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 11:12:33 PM »
A cd-r(w)/dvd-r(w) would also work. Backup data. That is the most important. Applications can always be downloaded/installed again.

ruby42

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 06:56:14 AM »
I have external disc 1TB and 200MB in my computer. Definitely problem was with windows restore backups. When I have removed files and have had more extra free space, windows have created new restore backup so again I have lose free space, and again and again. Now I have 28.9GB free space, so everything works well. Thank you everybody and sorry for alert. BTW I use external disc to make backups - not system partition.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 10:05:51 AM »
Sorry for what? Together we where able to solve the problem. No need to be sorry if you are having a problem and you ask for help.