Author Topic: Avast! has detected a secure connection from your e-mail program...to the POP  (Read 6302 times)

CaptBret

I've tried a search for other posts with this topic without luck.  If you can help or direct me to a post with help I'd greatly appreciate it!

I just got this popup message this morning from AVAST!:
Avast! has detected a secure connection from your mail program (process (Azureus.exe) to the POP server 173.230.191.120 (teksavvy.com)

This type of connection cannot be checked for viruses.  Please disable SSL/TLS in your mail client so that the Mail Scanner can scan your mail.  The Mail Scanner will provide the SSL/TLS security itself.

I use Windows XP pro, SP3
Outlook 2007 for my e-mail account, and have Avast 5.0.677

DO you know how I can disable this SSL/TLS??

Thank you in advance!

osants911

Hi CaptBret

The procedure to disable SSL/TLS depends on program you use.

Is it(Azureus.exe) really a mail program?

It just looks like BT Client to me.

PS: avast! will scan your mail received by Outlook 2007 with it's special plugin :)

CaptBret

I think it is a BT client.  I was running Vuse, and that app showed when I opened my task manager.  I closed Vuse, and the application dissapeared.

Thanks!

warlock

Some people set their BT client to use one of the privileged ports (25, 143, 80 etc.) to avoid ISP blocking, or firewall restrictions, but this can cause problems with local proxy engines, like the one in avast. Most BT programs have an option to prohibit connections to peers that use such ports. You can set Vuze to not connect to such peers, or perhaps some of the developers can tell us how to exclude a specific program from mail shield scans?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
- Are you are using Azureus (- now called Vuze -) it is possible that you need to change the ports you listen on.
Check out this Thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=18105.0
and this post in particular http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=18105.msg154105#msg154105

Whilst these are old posts, they are most likely still relevant.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security