Author Topic: MUTIPLE SMS ON SIM CHANGE  (Read 3011 times)

SUBRATA KUMAR ROY

MUTIPLE SMS ON SIM CHANGE
« on: May 31, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »
Recently I went to travel abroad spanning three countries, i.e. Singapore, Malayasia & Thailand. I took three SIM (Mobile connections) for those three countries. I changed the SIM in my Nokia E63 handset in every country. However, while changing SIM I forgot that I have installed Theftaware in my mobile handset. After returning to India I found that in my local number I have received 46 SMS from Singapore, 71 SMS from Malayasia & 13 SMS from Thailand, all triggered by Theftaware software, which I was not aware of while travelling in those countries. Since all the SMS carries a very high charge for international SMS (text) in foreign currencies I have now incurred huge SMS charges unknowingly.
In this above context I would like to know:
(I) Whether Theftaware software (Symbian version) automatically triggers such huge numbers of hidden SMS on SIM change?
(II) If the answer of above is yes, what is the reason for sending multiple SMS in same mobile number and also is there a finite numbers of SMS programmed to be sent, as I could not understand how the numbers of SMS could be 46, 71, 13 in each of the three cases of SIM change.
(III) If the answer to my query number (I) is no,  then whether the mobile service provider can manipulate Theftaware programme to send multiple SMS.

I shall be glad if you please send the reply at the earliest.