Author Topic: new phone problem  (Read 1905 times)

Tess76

new phone problem
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »
I bought a new phone yesterday (samsung galaxy s4) which requires a micro sim, therefore they've cut my regular sim into a microsim in the shop. When I came home I wanted to transfer the contacts from my old phone (sony xperia ray) to my new one, but all I got on the old phone is the anti-theft locked screen after a few seconds asking for my password (pin). I installed avast! 18 months ago and don't exactly remember what I used, tried everything I think it could be but can't unlock it :(
I've read that it can send the pass to the friends phone, which I know I've set up with my husbands phone, but how can it send an sms without sim?
I've also logged on to my.avast.com but I have no device at my devices

Please help!

Tess76

Re: new phone problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:38:48 PM »
I managed to get the micro sim working in my old phone, but the phone stays locked. Is it possible to reset the pin/ unlock the phone by the friends phone? (without knowing the pin)

Tess76

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »
Ok, managed to get it unlocked after starting the phone in "safe mode", as found somewhere else on the forum

CMinSC

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 03:28:41 AM »
Thanks! Ended up doing a factory reset. Lost my apps but regained use of my phone. Never again for Avast on my cell phone!!!