Author Topic: avast pin entry is slow  (Read 1890 times)

Platupush

avast pin entry is slow
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
Since installing avast anti-theft on my rooted Samsung Galaxy S3, I am asked for the pin when I do all kinds of things, like turn on bluetooth, or connect to a wireless network.

That's a little annoying, but the pin entry dialog is really laggy.  If I type too fast, it just ignores numbers, so I have to very patiently type a number, wait for the asterisk appear, then type the next number.  Sometimes the asterisk never appears and I have to press the number again.  It accepts the pin without pressing enter, so it must be scanning each keypress to see if the pin is complete, but that operation is apparently too slow.

How can I make the pin entry responsive, or disable it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast pin entry is slow
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:13:27 AM »
That's a little annoying, but the pin entry dialog is really laggy.  If I type too fast, it just ignores numbers, so I have to very patiently type a number, wait for the asterisk appear, then type the next number.  Sometimes the asterisk never appears and I have to press the number again.  It accepts the pin without pressing enter, so it must be scanning each keypress to see if the pin is complete, but that operation is apparently too slow.
I have asked the same more than once...
PIN is very very laggy for me too. They blamed the ROM (SlimRom 4.4.2), but it happens only with avast!
The best things in life are free.