Author Topic: Avast BART CD ACPI.SYS error  (Read 44147 times)

kilroo

Avast BART CD ACPI.SYS error
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
just downloaded the Bart CD and burned it as an ISO image and works great for 10 sec then i get a ACPI.SYS error how do i fix this issue. Thanks

esmith

Re: Avast BART CD ACPI.SYS error
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »
I am receiving the same error.  I just purchased it today.

wpn

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »
try reading one of the other threads about this......

or try reading the top sticky thread here
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:04:12 PM by wpn »

esmith

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »
Searching for "acpi.sys" did not help.  If you are referring to a certain post, could you please be more specific.

esmith

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
I downloaded the beta version and it fix the problem.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=38684.0

alsiroc

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
Has anyone gotten an explination as to what update caused this problem or why it's happening?  I just replaced my CD drive thinking I was making bad CDs as well as over an hour messing around with this.  Just looking for something more than "it's fixed in the next beta"

Thanks.

wpn

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:33 AM »
little bit of reading and putting 1 and 1 together would have gotten you there, (re)search.....

start with searching for a problem in the widest possible way..... (this not only means punching in the chars in the search box, also means reading topic titles)
bart cd doesnt boot/work/start
you will find several threads
then you start narrowing down the list of threads to which one is the closest to your problem, if you dont find a sollution in there you go to the other threads that are less related to your problem (the topic title doesnt necessarily reflect to actual problem) and see if there is a possible solution
in below mentioned threads both solutions are to download the beta 3 version, from which one of the titles even is just 1 char different from your problem

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=55091.0
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=54653.0

kilroo

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 05:10:36 PM »
OK i downloaded the beta 3.0 which enabled me to get past the ACPI.SYS corrupted error which was a relief. Now when i scan with the antivirus program it locates the viruses and Trojans but when it finishes  it dose not give an option to remove or repair, how do you fix the infected files? i have scanned 3 times and it locates the five same virus/Trojans, is their something i am missing like a report which enables the removal or someting. :-\

ssummit

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »
My experience was B.A.R.T. 2 worked fine until I upgraded its "host" machine to Windows 7 (it previously had been on a Vista SP2 machine). Now on the three Winows 7 machines I tried it with, I get the referrenced error message. B.A.R.T. 3 Beta works fine, though.

ely_az

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 07:00:41 PM »
I am having this exact same problem but installing Beta 3 did not work for me.  I completely uninstalled version 2 then rebooted and installed the beta version.  The little graphic on the left showed Version 3 during install but when I run the BART CD Manager the graphics on the left still says "2".  I have tried on XP and Vista and still get the "acpi.sys is corrupted" error.  I am running Vista 32 bit but have tried XP as well with the same results.  I need this fixed today or I need to go to another product.

Kazura

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:33:52 PM »
@kilroo - I just ran into the same problem this morning!  1 'trojan' found - I can save the report, but then what?  There ISN'T an option to delete, rename, move, quarantine, or stuff into a VirusChest, etc, etc.

jrhodes

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
I am getting this error also, and have updated to the latest Beta 3, and followed all the other steps.  What is the next step, since it makes the product I purchased a bit useless?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 04:33:34 AM »
The best things in life are free.

DrLagos

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »
I have to be honest, when I purchase a product (for over $400US), I would expect it to work and not have to play with ISO images.  VERY UNHAPPY and getting my money back unless this can be resolved.

jdwatson

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 11:56:59 PM »
Yesterday i purchased avast! BART CD as others have, downloaded and updated then burned CD,  I am getting the "file acpi.sys is corrupted".  I paid $215 (with 3 yr updates) and it won't work.  Tried support site and left the error and have a case number, but no reply after several hours.  I have paid less for many other products and most worked as advertised and support was willing to help if it didn't.  I don't really have time to fix something that should work.  Anyone have a fix that doesn't require jumpng through hoops or uninstalling everything and going back to an older version? ???