Author Topic: Browser Hijacked (Help me PLEASE !!!)  (Read 2313 times)

Eric1611

Browser Hijacked (Help me PLEASE !!!)
« on: September 05, 2012, 02:33:29 PM »
Hello everybody;
I`ve never installed the Blekko toolbar and for some reason when I do a Google search it shows Blekko results !
After a few days of trying to get rid of it I think I know the proper name; "Browser or Google redirect virus."
If anyone can tell me if there is a easy (I hope) way of getting rid of it I`d be forever in your debt :)
I`ve also thought of buying Spyware Doctor, the only program I can buy near my home, but the people there can`t tell me if this will work (does anybody know ?). It`s almost 40 euros and I`d rather not spend that just for removing a virus !!!
I`m not very good with computers but I usually seem to fix 99% of my computer problems, but after 3 days of trying to fix it I thought I`d try this forum.
I hope someone can help me :)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Browser Hijacked (Help me PLEASE !!!)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »
I`ve also thought of buying Spyware Doctor
malwarebytes is free and better   ;)      if you want the pro version with auto update and protection module it is a one time fee for a liftime license

follow the guide here and run the two first programs  AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes     http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

then post the logs here
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:46:31 PM by Pondus »

techlike99

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »
So, you probably got it with some sort of freeware probably. Anyway, it has nothing to do with so called "Google redirect virus". Normally, it's a rootkit that redirects users to spammy sites. What you have is a Blekko toolbar. I know that sometimes it's rather difficult to remove toolbar and especially restore default search engine but that doesn't mean you have a virus.

As for the Blekko, try this removal guide > http://help.blekko.com/index.php/how-do-i-uninstall-search-bar/

Eric1611

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »
I have not touched my computer for a few days because I was so fed up with it !!! But thanks for all help and comments :) I still can`t seem to fix it so I see no other option than to reinstal windows :( (I only use my computer for some work and fun, and I don`t know much about other things...but thanks again for trying to help)
Best wishes;
E.