Author Topic: how to recovery data from inside chest  (Read 4293 times)

HasNoLove

how to recovery data from inside chest
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
'cuse me..

i'm curently usin' ubuntu BT5|R1 custom which many application got instaled,

dis mornin', cuz curioustly made me wanna to try runnin' avast!

now cuz somethin' inpredict almost all my program with exe extention( includin' many, many, many game masters for windows OS) and setup and etc.. gone to inside the chest..

also inside log viewer, dere many errors which almost all of 'em was the exe and setups...

so please help me to recovery 'em all...

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
Re: how to recovery data from inside chest
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »
Hello HasNoLove, welcome to the Avast! Forums.  :)
I can vaguely understand you, ... please repost after me in a more comprehendable syntax exactly what you want, I'll try my best to answer what I guess you're trying to say. You'll note no one has attempted to answer you as it's quite incomprehensible.  ;)
"...also inside log viewer, dere many errors which almost all of 'em was the exe and setups..."

It is basically a good idea to just scan your /home/user partition, due to Linux's restrictions scanning the protected / (root) partition, containing protected System files.
That is why people often say there's a lot of 'errors' in the finished scan Log. They are simply excluded from the Scan, as Linux's Security.  ;)

I certanly hope you haven't deleted or quarantined any root files, which by the way is impossible, so I believe once you close the Avast! Log and gui all should be as was before the scan.

It will only pickup Windows viruses. If you have none, your fine.  :)

Regards,

Abraxas.

HasNoLove

Re: how to recovery data from inside chest
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:44:25 PM »
yea.. i neva' deleted any of it, but many of my datas regoineses as dangerous..
such thing as exe, setup, dll, etc which obsiously tha master part of my games..

based on windows user type, those file possible saved on chest, i know where is it if on windows...
but linux..?? no, just no...
i know nothing bout antivirus on linux...

anyway, thanks for reply...