Author Topic: move to chest vs delete  (Read 24007 times)

dinamomof3

move to chest vs delete
« on: October 11, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »
I'm new to this and i don't understand the reason why Move to Chest if better than Delete.  Isn't it better to get rid of the virus than to move it somewhere else?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: move to chest vs delete
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
what if the file detected was a false positive and you wanted it to restore back?

nmb

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »

Welcome to the forums, dinamomof3.   :)

The Chest is a protected area where malware can do no harm to your computer. It is better to move to the Chest where farther investigation of the problem can be done. Sometimes, a false positive happens and deleting a file that is really not bad could cause you problems you do not want. If you delete it, it is gone but if it is in the Chest and it is found to be a false positive, then the file can be restored from the Chest to it's proper location.

I hope this helps you understand. Please come back often and learn more.

Shubham

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 07:30:20 PM »
It is better to move the file to chest. If you have moved the file to the chest then, u are secure that the malware will not spread
If it is a necessary OS file , you may have to restore it back whereas if u deleted it, u can never even dream of getting it back.
Plus you can hope for some day when Avast will download an update to repair that kind of malware.
And if u feel that the detection is false, u can e-mail the file to avast form chest.

You can do none of the above mentioned tasks if u deleted  the file.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »
now you can send messages.

nmb