Author Topic: Avast schueled to run but is not  (Read 2149 times)

JustME2008

Avast schueled to run but is not
« on: November 06, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
I have my Avast set to run scans at 2:30 am. If these scans are running shouldn't it show in the main Avast panel the date of the last scan? I have gone into the Accessories - Scheduled Tasks and set it up. I am using the Advast 4.8 Home
Also with the On Access Scanner when I first installed Avast about 2 wks ago it had 7 providers and 6 running, but now it has 7 providers and only 4 running. Can you tell me why this has changed...ty

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast schueled to run but is not
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
First this is the forum for the Server version of avast, so hopefully one of the moderators will move it to the correct forum, avast! 4.x Home/Pro.

The home version doesn't have scheduled scanning, so you are obviouldy trying some form of work around and I suspect you haven't set it up correctly.

Check out this work around out - HOWTO: Scheduled Automatic Scans avast! Home Version!, there are a number of posts that people have had problems which have been answered and they may also answer your problem.

I can't tell you why, or even hazard a guess because you haven't told we what providers aren't running ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security