Author Topic: What is "COMPATIBLE INSTALL"?  (Read 2868 times)

UserA789

What is "COMPATIBLE INSTALL"?
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »
So Im trying to get more inforamtion on this, I dont rember seeing it when I installed, but I alwasy choose CUSTOM INSTALL for everAV then awesome.  Aything without always seeing my other options.

My questions are as follows:

1)  Is this supposed to work so one can have two lines of defense, getting rid of the old problem of only being able to have on AV installed?

and;

2)  Is this available with ALL versions or just Avast Free?

Oh...

3)  If this is still in the build, how effective has it been for you?

Thanks... if this is something that can work with another AV then thats awesome 8) because that makes it twice as hard for an exploit to disable a current AV method if another is there to take up the slack and stop the attack.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

UserA789

Re: What is "COMPATIBLE INSTALL"?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:56:30 PM »
http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#tab3
So you cant just answer the question without sending me to a link ???

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:01:26 PM »
What's the big problem with having to go and read the link ??? much easyer to put up a link than try and explain it to every tom,dick and harry. The benifit of the link is you get to read and discover all of the other features too ;D

UserA789

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:45 PM »
What's the big problem with having to go and read the link ??? much easyer to put up a link than try and explain it to every tom,dick and harry. The benifit of the link is you get to read and discover all of the other features too ;D
I read it.  So this is ONLY in the free version?

Personally, Id love to have BD antivirus but the Avast Internet Security suite.  But from what I gather over this read is its not possible in that combination, but would be more the reverse of using BD Internet Security with Avast Antivirus...?

Thats why I was looking for a direct answer; Im not clear on which versions this is in and how it can work for one who values Avast's complete security suite over the next companies, but as we all know; ther are virus/code that can walk right past one AV technique yet not another.  Make more sense since the link only answers question 1 of my initial post?
So Im trying to get more inforamtion on this, I dont rember seeing it when I installed, but I alwasy choose CUSTOM INSTALL for everAV then awesome.  Aything without always seeing my other options.

My questions are as follows:

1)  Is this supposed to work so one can have two lines of defense, getting rid of the old problem of only being able to have on AV installed?

and;

2)  Is this available with ALL versions or just Avast Free?

Oh...

3)  If this is still in the build, how effective has it been for you?

Thanks... if this is something that can work with another AV then thats awesome 8) because that makes it twice as hard for an exploit to disable a current AV method if another is there to take up the slack and stop the attack.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:16:24 PM by UserA789 »