Author Topic: Taskbar Now Missing  (Read 2665 times)

FlyerGirl

Taskbar Now Missing
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:27:42 AM »
I had a version of Avast on my computer. Probably the free version since it expired.

The pop ups to redo the free version or pay were getting annoying. So, I went ahead and chose the free version from the pop up. The pop up was from my computer and not related to the internet. They came up even when a browser window was not open.

I followed the install directions, but did not select the Google Chrome option. That was the only difference from the preselected choices on the install program.

After it was done, it advised me to restart my computer. I did and now my taskbar is gone It is not hiding anywhere.

So, what did Avast do that jacked with my Taskbar! I want it back. What can I do or who can I contact at Avast?

Thanks.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Taskbar Now Missing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:41:10 AM »
If you right click the taskbar and choose properties is the auto hide the taskbar box ticked?
Sorry you have no taskbar to click, try a repair of avast though add remove programs and then reboot and see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:44:22 AM by craigb »

FlyerGirl

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:58:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I do not have a taskbar at all. I did right click on the desktop to get to the options you mention. However, auto hide did not have a checkmark next to it.

I cannot find the add/remove program option. I was able to get the full control panel to display, but I could not find it.

I am going to send in a ticket.

Shawn Micheal

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 11:05:17 AM »
install another free version of AVAST . . . !!!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 11:06:19 AM »
Click on the windows icon then click control panel, find add remove program's and then click on avast then the uninstall button and scroll down to repair and click that and your done.