Author Topic: avast ui control window: avastnet.exe - application error  (Read 32620 times)

beezle

Re: avast ui control window: avastnet.exe - application error
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
here is screenshot of my BP upgrade.  6.0.1289 is latest version.  How do I kick it to 6.0.1324?

thx

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »
The fastest way is to uninstall your avast! and install a fresh one from this link: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_bp.exe
Running the setup_av_bp.exe and choosing upgrade should also work, but I need to test it first. I'll be back with results in about a half hour. If you don't want to way, then please do the uninstall first.

Thanks.

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »
I've just tried the update process described in the last post and it works as well.

beezle

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
Thank you, will try it today.

beezle

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 03:34:37 PM »
Is there any way that you guys can trigger a remote install/upgrade of the product?  That would save me from having to physically visit 30+ PC's.

Dispatch30

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »

Same here
I updated the latest program and it shows .1289
NOT .1324

what is going on with this software. there seems to be lots of issues.

I am leaning towards a refund and going with another company if they
can't get this stuff fixed.

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
Is there any way that you guys can trigger a remote install/upgrade of the product?  That would save me from having to physically visit 30+ PC's.

You can go in console and create a new job that can help you to upgrade the existing clients or uninstall the protection and than install again (with a new job) on the selected group or selected computer..  ;)

edit: see screenshot attached
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:17:38 PM by giogio »
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

beezle

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »
1) I am not using the console so I cannot trigger these updates.

2) The setup_av_bp.exe does not have an upgrade feature.  I can reinstall which seems to work and requires a reboot but it looses all of my Avast settings (scheduled scans, password protection, ...) and I have to reenter them.

3) The Avast Net system service does not get installed correctly.  This appears to be because the default install directory has changed from 'program files\alwil...' to 'program files\AVAST...' so I end up with a defined system service for Avast Net Client that won't start since the path has changed.

<rant>I don't know why in this day and age, this stuff is not more automatic. Ugh. The license key entered should cause the software to do whatever it needs to do.  And why does the BP Console app need a full blown SQL Server Express to keep track of a few machines when a simple database library would suffice.</rant>

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 07:44:36 PM »
1) I am not using the console so I cannot trigger these updates.
Why you're not using the console ?

3) The Avast Net system service does not get installed correctly.  This appears to be because the default install directory has changed from 'program files\alwil...' to 'program files\AVAST...' so I end up with a defined system service for Avast Net Client that won't start since the path has changed.
Try to unistall using the avast unistall utility and then install deploying by BP Console  http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

<rant>I don't know why in this day and age, this stuff is not more automatic. Ugh. The license key entered should cause the software to do whatever it needs to do.  And why does the BP Console app need a full blown SQL Server Express to keep track of a few machines when a simple database library would suffice.</rant>
The BP is designed to manage +200 client.. then a SQL is needed
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

avasterror

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »
I am free user and since I updated program to new 7 version 1h ago it started to gives me msg: avastUI.exe application error. The exception unknown software exception )0xe06d7363) occured in  the application.
I use win 7 x64.
I reinstalled avast too, tryied repair, now tried change option that installed some more things as it said.
I could only get to avast window by selecting uninstall from ccleaner or other way I couldn't start avast cause of this jumping message.

celavi

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
Hello....
Long long time Avast user.  Unfortunately, I am having the same issue as avasterror user above.

New windows 7, 64bit laptop.
Using Avast 7 free....  was working perfectly for 3 days.  Today it is repeatedly getting this error:

---------------------------
Msg: AvastUI.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0xe06d7363) occurred in the application at location 0x758fb9bc.
OK   

As soon as I hit OK, it pops up a second later.   I can't even get into the Avast interface to get the exact version and def's information.
Please help.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:44 AM »
I can't even get into the Avast interface to get the exact version and def's information.
Please help.

Please try the latest version: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94790.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0