Author Topic: Where to put avast registration key?  (Read 14073 times)

chryscreech

Where to put avast registration key?
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:06:09 AM »
I have registered my avast program and got the registration key...now where do I put it? Thanks!

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Where to put avast registration key?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:35:44 AM »
Hi welcome to the forum.

Right click the "a" icon, select about avast, click licence key, copy and paste the key you recieved into the box, click ok.

Take care not to copy a blank space at the end of the key.

Rick F

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:37:03 AM »
First highlight and copy the entire license key that was sent to you in the email.

Then 'right-click' on avast's blue ball on your sys tray lower right , then click on 'about avast'. A window will open.  At the bottom of the window you'll see a choice for 'License Key'. Click on that. Then 'right-click' in that blue area and paste the lincense key there. Click okay.

Hope this helps.

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 08:31:54 AM »
there are two ways generally: use search / RTFM :P

(just kidding ;D)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »
Or ask the question in the forums ;D

Or Insert Registration Key - Video
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 04:59:53 PM »
Imo this registration thing is still a major pain in the rear. Not everyone even know where to go let alone where to look for it.
Some ppl just want to be protected, not to hunt for serials, registration forms and places where to enter keys obtained from those forms before. It's not really pleasent to install avast! to someones PC not knowing if that user will be able to properly register it and keep it updated. We all know that not updated AV means exactly d***. I was concerned about this and still am. AntiVir has this solved better because it updates the license on it's own. I think avast! should do it too, at least Home Edition.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 06:55:56 PM »
Imo this registration thing is still a major pain in the rear. Not everyone even know where to go let alone where to look for it.
I feel the same. When I try to persuade an AVG or Avira user to come to avast... the registration scheme makes me feel ashamed all the times...

AntiVir has this solved better because it updates the license on it's own. I think avast! should do it too, at least Home Edition.
For me, a must have solution will be:
a) email only for off-line installations.
b) automatic register while installing in on-line computers.
The best things in life are free.

chryscreech

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 07:12:32 PM »
Thank you! I got it!!  ;D

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 08:24:38 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.

Stick around and browse the forums, especially the sticky topics at the top of each of the forums, not to mention the avast help file. They provide a wealth of information to help you get the best from avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security