Author Topic: WebRep = spam  (Read 2830 times)

njsquared

WebRep = spam
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »
I've been a huge fan of Avast, but having the new WebRep feature autotagging/spamming my outbound emails is unacceptable.

There is no warning this will take place, there is no 'can we tag your emails' it just spams it in there.

I've disabled WebRep and will not ever use it unless the spam is removed.

N

Here is the the spam attached by WebRep to the end of any email I send through a browser "protected" with it...

"WebRep

Overall rating

Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.

Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified."

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: WebRep = spam
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
It's certainly not intended, it's a bug.
What do you use to send your e-mails?

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »
It's certainly not intended, it's a bug.
What do you use to send your e-mails?

don't know what he's using but that's been reported by others already yesterday I think, on Gmail/browser. Thanks god I haven't experienced that, no webrep here, I would have gone mad ;D a question: do affected users use non-ssl sessions in Gmail (as that's still possible, even if not the default anymore)? ... yeah, I know there are non-encrypted elements anyway on Gmail pages.

On a side note, I rarely use Gmail browser interface, but when I do Google ads are blocked by AB+ ... wondering if they thought of including WebRep in their filters ??? (don't take that too seriously, I know you said there was a bug )

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »
@Logos
I have experienced the problem. But I use ssl sessions. Well, I think there are no non-encrypted elements else the browser will not display it in blue - I mean in the text field(see pic). [One more example of such a thing : browser displays facebook page as https (highlighted blue) and as soon as the non http thing loads up, it removes the highlighted bar]

According to what I know, webrep doesn't support gmail - I had reported a problem with webrep and gmail while webrep was in beta and the support for gmail was removed.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:51:15 PM by nmb »