Author Topic: help needed PLEASE...BSOD when i open Outlook Express  (Read 2694 times)

greenlight 711

help needed PLEASE...BSOD when i open Outlook Express
« on: April 07, 2005, 06:50:42 PM »
Can someone possibly help???

For the last few days now, when i open Outlook Express to check my e-mails i'm getting a BSOD....
Why this is happening, i really don't know...in the last month i have formatted my hard drive and installed SP2 (which has been a big drain on my memory).
i have re-installed most of my programs and evrything has been working fine until this re-occuring error started, i really have no idea why it started...but its very annoying...

can anyone help???  Please  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: help needed PLEASE...BSOD when i open Outlook Express
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 09:08:19 PM »
Please, go to folder \windows\minidump and send the newest (recent) .mdmp files to Vlk's email (vlk (at) avast.com) for further analysis.
Better if you can compress (zip) them and add some information about the BSOD and the link for this thread.  ;)

Alternatively, you can upload the file(s) to Alwil anonymous ftp server: ftp://www2.asw.cz/incoming

If you can't do this, at least, copy all the BSOD message (disabling the 'automatic' restart of Windows: Control Panel > System > Advanced > Inicialization > ...)
The best things in life are free.