Author Topic: avast 2014 installer and HTMLayout.dll error  (Read 84315 times)

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
avast 2014 installer and HTMLayout.dll error
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »
Hello,

some users from Russia reported that they can't install the latest 2014 version of avast because of HTMLayout.dll error: "HTMLayout.dll cannot be loaded to properly start GUI. Therefore process cannot continue.

How to solve this problem? It happend on windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.

Timilian

Re: avast 2014 installer and HTMLayout.dll error
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:38:08 AM »
I have the same problem. Support recommended to use malware removal, Ccleaner and reinstall the antivirus using avastclear. I have also added to the system working properly HTMLayout.dll. Error when running the installation file avast never gone. I have 3 key antivirus and 3 computers with the same operating system (Win7x64). On two computers switch to the new version of Avast has passed without problems. And on the third computer hard error "HTMLayout.dll cannot be loaded to properly start GUI. Therefore process cannot continue." If the antivirus is updating itself, restarting the system is a permanent error 0xc0000005.

SlyFox

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:09 PM »
Hello,

some users from Russia reported that they can't install the latest 2014 version of avast because of HTMLayout.dll error: "HTMLayout.dll cannot be loaded to properly start GUI. Therefore process cannot continue.

How to solve this problem? It happend on windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.

Welcome to the Avast forum.

I am sorry about your issues and I will try to help you solve them.

Go from Start to Run and into the Open box, type sfc /scannow and hit the Enter key. That starts the System File Checker which should identify and replace any missing files.

This may or may not solve your issues, but at least you can try, please. 

Please let me know if this corrects your issue.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:29:06 AM by SlyFox »

SlyFox

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »
I have the same problem. Support recommended to use malware removal, Ccleaner and reinstall the antivirus using avastclear. I have also added to the system working properly HTMLayout.dll. Error when running the installation file avast never gone. I have 3 key antivirus and 3 computers with the same operating system (Win7x64). On two computers switch to the new version of Avast has passed without problems. And on the third computer hard error "HTMLayout.dll cannot be loaded to properly start GUI. Therefore process cannot continue." If the antivirus is updating itself, restarting the system is a permanent error 0xc0000005.

Welcome to the Avast forum.

I am sorry about your issues and I will try to help you solve them.

Go from Start to Run and into the Open box, type sfc /scannow and hit the Enter key. That starts the System File Checker which should identify and replace any missing files.

This may or may not solve your issues, but at least you can try, please.

Please let me know if this corrects your issue.

Since Support recommended to you run a malware removal, did you complete that request by Support, Please?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:29:56 AM by SlyFox »

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
SlyFox, I believe that sfc /scannow won't solve this problem because it is not related to missing system files, it's just installer bug or smth like that.

SlyFox

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:36:04 AM »
SlyFox, I believe that sfc /scannow won't solve this problem because it is not related to missing system files, it's just installer bug or smth like that.

I am sorry.  i will continue to search for you, perhaps one of our experts will help you out, before I can find a solution for you.  The other member in this thread who has the same issue, Avast Support recommended in so many words, it could be malware and using a malware removal should be used. 

Timilian

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »
SlyFox
I've completed all support options, there is no result. The malware was not detected. Also, I tried the advice from the Russian Avast forum. I support Andrey, pro that bug hidden in the setup file. Previous  version (8) of avast put without problems. Will I be able to check the command sfc /scannow on the weekends.

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen

SlyFox

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 05:28:23 PM »
Attention Andrey,pro

Okay the following info may or may not work.

Sorry, I must ask you again.  Are you sure you do not have any type of malware on your computer, Please?  I just do not want you to come back on me and say, I do have malware. It seems a lot of sites I checked for this file, it states it is malware.

Please re-install a copy of the following file:  Windows\system32\htmlayout.dll

Please let me know your results, as I have another file to post for you, but I want to see if the above fixes your issues.

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
SlyFox, please, read the first post again, I have no any problems with avast. I'm here just to report about this issue to avast team and find solution.
I'm malware analyst in Russian subforum, and I have already cheked user's logs, looking clean. As Timilian reported in his post updating via the GUI leads to 0xc0000005 error after restart PC.

Timilian

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 12:02:10 PM »
Once again, I restarted the computer in safe mode. Used avastclear.exe. Rebooted in normal mode. Deleted all avast folders in C:\Program Files and C:\Users\All Users\.
Check the system for viruses and spyware third-party software. No threats found. Then I  use the command sfc /scannow. A reboot of the system. After that, I try to run avast_premier_antivirus_setup_online.exe and avast_premier_antivirus_setup.exe. In both cases, the error was "HTMLayout.dll cannot be loaded to properly start GUI. Therefore process cannot continue.". I tried putting the file HTMLayout.dll in the setup file folder and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\. No result, the error still occurs when I run the avast setup file.

P.S. I Use Windows Restore Point to return Avast Premier 8.0.1497 (Virus Base 131115-1). I checked system disc in heavy-duty scanning. Then I checked system disc Dr.Web CureIt! utility and Malware Bytes utility. No Viruses, no Malware.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:22:04 PM by Timilian »

madeoutofrecords

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 07:13:57 AM »
I'm having this same error. I called support and they pretty much just tried to sell me on some new service that costs $175 to "tune up" windows.  They didn't acknowledge the fact that I only had this problem when I updated, and their pitch was pretty much the exact same pitch I've received in the past from a telemarketer. I've been using this software and paying for years, but now I want my money back and would rather go back to Norton.

dmist24

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 04:22:10 AM »
got same error on win xp... so far here's how i solved it.

1. I downloaded the avast uninstall utility, run it under safe mode.
2. once avast is uninstalled, i download a full avast 9 installer via oldapps.com http://www.oldapps.com/avast_antivirus.php (this is a safe site - i've been using this site to download old and latest full version of apps)
3. install the latest full version, and register it with an email address.
4. thats it! no more errors now.

I believe the error happens when update it via your old avast or those quick online setups. You definitely need to download the full installer to avoid errors.

hope this helps.

Timilian

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »
The company will solve the problem or do I move to a different antivirus at the end of the license?

1vecher1

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:30 AM »
Перепробовал все вышеуказаные способы. 9 версия не устанавливается (HTMLayout.dll cannot be loaded to properly start GUI.Therefore process cannot continue). Хотя 8 версия устанавливается и работает.