Author Topic: Why forum allot Avast problems? Install or not?  (Read 8513 times)

Sizzerb

Re: Why forum allot Avast problems? Install or not?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 09:46:53 PM »
O man its so hard to decide which antivirus i must install. I really want avast but i read problems with chrome and more problems, which im afraid of.

I was thinking also about microsoft security essentials, panda cloud.
Pff difficult. Dont want avast crash with chrome.

I have a 64bit windows 7 laptop. Should i worry now or later with avast? Im sorry but i read allot of negativity when it comes to upgrades and chrome problems.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:51:26 PM by Sizzerb »

Monster_user

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
Avast only causes problems for Chrome when you disable sandbox mode apparently.
Sandbox mode a secure mode to prevent infections from getting onto your computer. It is safer as a result, and best to leave it on. Avast works fine with Chrome for most people, and under normal circumstances.

If you find a website that does not work in Chrome's Sandbox, then just use a different browser, Firefox is very useful for that purpose.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:12:20 PM by Monster_user »

Sizzerb

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 10:14:22 PM »
But i want avast free... And dont have sandbox right?
Or the first 30 days its full then free?

Monster_user

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »
You can choose the 30 day full option, or start out with free from day one. It is your choice, depending on which version you download.

As far as Chrome and the free version, not having used either Chrome or the Sandbox, I cannot comment further... From what little I have read on it, it makes perfect sense to me that the free version would not have any problems with Chrome at all.

Sizzerb

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »
Hmm, how about hanging whenyou start laptop? Uses huge cpu on windows 7 icore 5? I installed it once and everythin froze couldnt do nothing...but had also ad aware installed. You think if i use only avast that it dont freeze when starting laptop?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:36:50 PM by Sizzerb »