Author Topic: Avast Internet Security 8.0.1489 - Taskbar icon slowness  (Read 8096 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Internet Security 8.0.1489 - Taskbar icon slowness
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »
I suggest that you read the whole of the topic.

My answer/s were directed to the Original Poster (OP) who doesn't have the same specification as your system. He also states that this is the same with KIS installed, Reply #10, so his situation differs from yours.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

dansorin

Re: Avast Internet Security 8.0.1489 - Taskbar icon slowness
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
It's not a RAM issue. I have had the same problem since installing Avast 8 Free. Other versions were fine. I have 8gb of RAM along with an AMD quad core 3.84ghz CPU running Win 7 64bit. I build and repair computers so I do know what to enable or disable during Windows boot up. I run a clean and fast system. Avast 8 Free just slows it to a crawl during a cold boot. One the system is booted and Avast finishes releasing my computer all is well until the next cold boot. Changing settings in Avast to let Windows boot first has no effect on the problem. The only time the problem goes away is when I uninstall Avast 8 Free and try another antivirus program. Then doing a proper uninstall of that program and reinstalling Avast 8 Free brings the problem right back again. While I still love Avast and recommend it on all the systems I build/repair I think the program has become too bloated. Just like what happened to AVG years ago. I have seen this boot up slowness on Windows 7 32bit and 64bit systems as well as Win XP systems.
i installed avast free after giving it a rest for over 2 years, and my boot time increased dramatically. (was using panda cloud, uninstalled
& cleaned properly). i checked here and saw the same problem. the good news is that it's not my computer to blame. the bad news is that avast slows my computer too much. browsing is also very sluggish. sadly, the avast i knew is gone.