Author Topic: Can't get rid of Searchdonkey.  (Read 3668 times)

Politsu

Can't get rid of Searchdonkey.
« on: November 23, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »
Hi,
    I have been having trouble with SearchDonkey and was wondering if you could help.  I have followed all these steps - http://malwaretips.com/blogs/search-donkey-removal/ but it didn't go away.  Currently it is says its running in the system tray, but I cannot find it anywhere on my computer and scans don't seem to find it anymore.  I suspect that it is the cause for Chrome randomly shutting down because each time it does the Search donkey extension is re-installed. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Note I have seen the post about logs to provide, but must leave for work now so I will return with them later.

thanks
Tyler

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Can't get rid of Searchdonkey.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »
run Malwarebytes / OTL and attach logs  (not copy and paste)    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Politsu

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:46:41 AM »
Sorry about the late replay.  I ran mbam and otl, and have attached the txt files.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »
Hi,

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
==========================================================================

Please download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.

Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool.
  • Select Yes if prompted to download the Avast database.

• Click Scan

• Upon completion of the scan ( Scan finished successfully ) click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review.
    Note: do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
==========================================================================

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE