Author Topic: Updates not working  (Read 3801 times)

renfest

Updates not working
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:43 AM »
My updates for my anti virus are not updating I get last encounter error: invalid file signature setup will terminate total time 7s
what can I do to fix this?

Ren

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Updates not working
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:24:31 AM »
Several topics about this already.

For those of you who are are using the regular release version 7.0.1466, and the repair failed - 'Error processing packages. Please use full update.' - then this worked for me on my win7 netbook with 7.0.1466:

Then you will need to do a Manual update of VPS - avast! Virus Definitions Update - Manual Download VPS Update (virus definitions, vpsupd.exe, approx 67.5 MB). - Save the file to your hard disk, locate where you saved it and double click it and that should carry out the virus definitions update.

If you don't want to go through that process, then wait for the avast team to resolve it, which hopefully won't take too long.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

KinightOfLight

Re: Updates not working
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 03:05:41 AM »
Several topics about this already.

For those of you who are are using the regular release version 7.0.1466, and the repair failed - 'Error processing packages. Please use full update.' - then this worked for me on my win7 netbook with 7.0.1466:

Then you will need to do a Manual update of VPS - avast! Virus Definitions Update - Manual Download VPS Update (virus definitions, vpsupd.exe, approx 67.5 MB). - Save the file to your hard disk, locate where you saved it and double click it and that should carry out the virus definitions update.

If you don't want to go through that process, then wait for the avast team to resolve it, which hopefully won't take too long.

Yeah, that worked for me fine. Make sure that you download the corect version, old or new avast! :)