Author Topic: Deleting / Removing Java Deployment Toolkit plugin in Firefox  (Read 22201 times)

Avastfan1

Deleting / Removing Java Deployment Toolkit plugin in Firefox
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »
Dear Forum,

Java has been deleted on the computer, but Firefox lists 'Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.110.21 10.11.2.21' as disabled in Add-ons Manager under extensions.

How can I delete or remove this? The only option I can see is enable / disable.

There are NO Java versions listed as installed under the list of installed programmes in Windows 7.

Thank you!

Avastfan1

Avastfan1

Re: Deleting / Removing Java Deployment Toolkit plugin in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:31:14 PM »
Update: I think the culprit is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\npDeployJava1.dll

Can I safely delete the above file?

marc-d-l

Re: Deleting / Removing Java Deployment Toolkit plugin in Firefox
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:30:27 AM »
Manually uninstalling a plugin

If you can't use an uninstaller program to remove a plugin, you can remove it manually:

In the Location bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn.
        The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
    Search for the preference: plugin.expose_full_path.
    Double-click on the plugin.expose_full_path preference in the list to change the value to true.
    Enter about:plugins into the Location bar to display the About Plugins page.
    Each entry in the About Plugins page will have "File name:" followed by a path. Use Windows Explorer to navigateNavigate to the folder shown for the plugin you want to remove.
    Rename the file to something other than its normal name - e.g. npswf32 becomes Xnpswf32
    Double-click on the plugin.expose_full_path preference in the list on the about:config page to change the value back to false to avoid exposing the plugin path to websites.

The plugin will be removed.