Author Topic: How to stop avast antivirus  (Read 14409 times)

Patcac

How to stop avast antivirus
« on: August 25, 2010, 01:58:13 AM »
Hello everyone im new here .. i bought a new pc like 2 mounths ago and i wanted to put some files but avast kept sayig its viruses , i knew they were not cause i created them so anw i started searching all over the pc trying many things untill i came to the solution wich is :

1) open ur task manager (ctrl + alt + del )
2) Go to processes on the very top of task manager
3) then if the box isnt checked that says show processes from all users check it!
4) search for avastUI.exe or something simillar to that ( make sure it has the word avast in it and it is .exe )
4) Right click it and click on go to Servise(s)
5) Then down at the right of the task manager click on the button that says servises
7) Now a new window should open search for avast! Antivirus
8 ) When u find it u will see that it says its running right click on it and select stop
9) Another window will open telling u that other programs will close when avast does ( avast web , avast mail ) select yes
10) Then another video will pop-up and again select yes ( its just a warning teling u that another program is trying to close avast )

and walla ther u go u closed it if u want to re-open it just right clisk select start.. tell me where this post should go and if u liked it
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:05:16 AM by Patcac »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How to stop avast antivirus
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:10:19 AM »
What...? Are you trying to kill your antivirus just because of two false positives?
Send the files from the virus alert or send to virus(at)avast.com by email.
You can't change the avast service status unless you let your system unprotected disabling avast self-defense module.
The best things in life are free.

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 03:28:08 AM »
What...? Are you trying to kill your antivirus just because of two false positives?
Send the files from the virus alert or send to virus(at)avast.com by email.
You can't change the avast service status unless you let your system unprotected disabling avast self-defense module.
It is better than killing his brother
Hello everyone im new here .. i bought a new pc like 2 mounths ago and i wanted to put some files but avast kept sayig its viruses , i knew they were not cause i created them so anw i started searching all over the pc trying many things untill i came to the solution wich is :

1) open ur task manager (ctrl + alt + del )
2) Go to processes on the very top of task manager
3) then if the box isnt checked that says show processes from all users check it!
4) search for avastUI.exe or something simillar to that ( make sure it has the word avast in it and it is .exe )
4) Right click it and click on go to Servise(s)
5) Then down at the right of the task manager click on the button that says servises
7) Now a new window should open search for avast! Antivirus
8 ) When u find it u will see that it says its running right click on it and select stop
9) Another window will open telling u that other programs will close when avast does ( avast web , avast mail ) select yes
10) Then another video will pop-up and again select yes ( its just a warning teling u that another program is trying to close avast )

and walla ther u go u closed it if u want to re-open it just right clisk select start.. tell me where this post should go and if u liked it

Simply turn avast off for ten minute by right-clicking on the orange icon,then"avast! shields control"then "Disable for ten minutes"
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Patcac

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:51:44 AM »
lol i never noticed that tnx lol