Author Topic: No bootable device error?  (Read 12932 times)

SHARKY7SHARKY

Re: No bootable device error?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »
You need the hot air to escape, if anything place the fan on the side vents in future & keep underneath clear

tornado73

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »
there is no L shaped part on the back of the laptop, but i found where the hard drive is because the removable parts of it are the battery, which I know which is; the memory because of a sign that has the symbol of a book and the hard drive has the symbol of three discs on top of each other. Now that I know where it is I can say the problem is there because the extra fans (I said I put them directly to where the hot air escaped, which is the opposite side of where the hard drive is -_-) were NEVER directed to the hard drive  >:( I'll be sure to center the fans in the future. Right now I don't have the tools to open the laptop up but in a few days I will therefore I will try to solve the problem but until there I'll be careful so the laptop doesn't fall or anything...

SHARKY7SHARKY

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 10:42:20 PM »
If you’re going to check if the hard drive is seated properly, it would be a good idea to take the plate off where the hot air vent is & clean up the fan from dust.
You should have had that lap top stripped down by now & rebuilt lol
Lap tops do get very hot hard drives can operate from 30c to 50c
& CPU at 62c to 100c if a CPU over heats the computer will shut down.
You can put a block of wood to lift up the back of the lap top for maximum  air flow, But at the end of the day all I wanted to know was whether your hard drive was seated correctly or not.

tornado73

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 07:03:56 PM »
Ok so I took it to a repair shop and both graphic card and hard drive were corrupted and the only thing they could do was get back some of the files... This already happened a while ago but I thought I should shut down the issue.

aggtownsgreatest

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »
im getting a No Bootable Disk --Insert boot disk Media test failure/Exiting PXE
no blue screen no nothing when I press F11 im ready for just taking hard drive out of it n attempting to place on a desktop?? will that work? laptop hard drive= pc desktop??